This is the best blueberry pound cake recipe ever. Really! It’s a staple on my brunch table and for breakfast entertaining. And it’s so easy to make that even little ones can make it (with some supervision) so that makes it the perfect treat for a Mother’s Day breakfast.
This really is the best blueberry pound cake. Not only is it delicious, but it’s easy to make and freezes beautifully. It’s perfect for a brunch or buffet.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner and kiddos looking for recipes to make for mama’s Mother’s Day breakfast, I’m happy to help the kiddos (and mom) out with this blueberry pound cake recipe. Serve this blueberry pound cake with fruit and eggs for a delicious and pretty Mother’s Day breakfast. Add mom’s favorite beverage, a sweet napkin and treasured handmade card from the kiddos and you’ll have one happy mama this Mother’s Day.
- 1 Package pound cake mix (16 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (you can substitute frozen blueberries if fresh are not available)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 4 small loaf pans.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute (until light and fluffy). Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add cake mix alternately with milk, beginning and ending with cake mix, beating well after each addition. Beat for 1 minute on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Gently mix blueberries into batter. Pour into the prepared pans.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove loaf from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Freezes well wrapped in foil and placed in plastic bag or container.
My friends, Corinne and Cynthia, have some other amazing Mother’s Day breakfast ideas that you just have to check out.