For the month of May and June 99.9% of my attention was focused on my “baby’s” graduation party. I didn’t really think through the invitation process and ended up with 85+ RSVPing yes. Maybe not a big deal for you, but a very big deal for me. We were having the party at home and doing everything ourselves. The scary party for me was that the largest non-family party I’d previously hosted had been for 10 people. So-ooo, I was overwhelmed! But in the turmoil that was our party planning, I came up with the best Strawberry Lemonade ever! Really.
I wanted an easy recipe that anyone could help me whip up during the party. With lots of people at our party and it being in the middle of June, I figured we’d be mixing up quite a few batches. I started by using the food processor to puree frozen strawberries. I put the — cups of pureed strawberries in individual freezer bags and labeled them clearly to make it easier for my helpers.
The day of the party, just added the frozen lemonade and frozen strawberries to the room temperature bottled drinks, stir well and you have perfectly chilled strawberry lemonade without taking up too much fridge or freezer space (prime real estate when prepping for a large party).
- 10 oz. frozen strawberries, pureed
- 1 can frozen lemonade
- 1 2-liter bottle lemonade
- 1 2-liter bottle sparkling water or seltzer water
- Add the frozen pureed strawberries and frozen lemonade to a punch bowl. Stir in the 2-liter bottle of lemonade and 2-liter bottle of seltzer water. Serve immediately.
- Puree the strawberries ahead of time and freeze in 1 serving sized amount to make it easy to whip up a batch the day of the party.
I left a sheet of directions on the counter next to the 2-liter bottles and my helpers were easily able to help mix up many batches of this refreshing lemonade.
Oh, and the party went off without a hitch. Thank goodness I have a couple of years until the next one!