When you’re the mother of three children and your love language is baking, you are always searching for new family favorite cookie recipes. Luckily for my family, I’ve found another family favorite cookie recipe. If you need an easy-to-make cookie that is always a crowd-pleaser, then this candy bar cookie recipe is for you.
I find that I’m always baking cookies. We need cookies for school activities, sports activities, kids’ parties, neighborhood get-togethers, birthdays, welcome homes and my favorite, the just because. But as much as I enjoy baking, I am a busy, busy mama and need an easy-to-make cookie that I know will be a hit with my family and friends. This Candy Bar Cookie Recipe is my new go-to cookie recipe.
It’s easy to add sprinkles before you bake the cookies to make them a bit more festive.
It’s also easy to add the Chocolate Peanut Glaze that my family enjoys on my Easy Protein Zucchini Bread. You simply drizzle the glaze on the cookies after they’ve cooled.
Candy Bar Cookie Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup chocolate chips
- Your favorite bite-sized candy bars
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt together; set aside.
- Mix butter, shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla thoroughly. Stir in dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips.
- Make tablespoon sizes balls of dough. Flatten the dough and then wrap around a bite-sized candy bar.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until slightly brown.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet before removing to a cooling rack.
- Serve the cookies decorated or plain, it’s your choice.
More Surprise Cookie Ideas