Did you over buy Halloween candy this year? Did your kids come home with the mother of all candy hauls? Do you just not want all that extra candy laying around in your house? Are you wondering what to do with extra Halloween candy? Here are 15 ideas to help you out.
1. Save it for advent calendar gifts (my mom always did this when I was growing up).
2. Save it for stocking stuffers.
3. Donate it to a homeless shelter.
4. Chop it up and use for Candy Bar cookies.
5. Donate it to your local fire station or police station.
6. Add a label with a thank you and show your appreciation by giving it to a service worker.
7. Use as part of a College Care package.
8. Donate it to your school, child care or church to use as incentives in the treasure box.
9. Add it to a box you send to a deployed service member.
10. Donate it to a nursing home.
11. Use it to make end-of-season gifts for sports teams or activity groups
12. Add to a Care Kit
13. Keep (the non-melting) candy in a plastic bag in the car as part of your emergency kit.
14. Use as treat in a Godzilla Egg party favor
15. Use it to thank our veterans.
16. Make a Candy Wreath.
What tips do you have for using up extra Halloween candy?
More recipe ideas