I adore cookies almost as much as I adore fresh strawberries. I miss the fresh tastes of summer berries during these dark winter months. I wanted to create a cookie with a fresh strawberry filling. I also wanted to create a cookie that would be easy to make as clean eating fresh strawberry cookies with just a couple of tweaks to the ingredients. I made these chocolate dipped fresh strawberry cookies with just 5 ingredients. These cookies are perfect for any celebration, such as Valentine’s Day, wedding parties, engagement parties, or any party. It all starts with the cookie shell from my favorite Pecan Tassie Cookies.
FRESH STRAWBERRY COOKIES
One of my favorite cookies has always been Pecan Tassies. And they’re so adorable because they’re little bite-sized pie shaped cookies. As much as I love all kinds of cookies, sometimes I want a cookie with a fresh fruit flavor. I took the delicious cookie shell and filled it with chocolate drizzled fresh strawberries.
These fresh strawberry cookies are the perfect marriage of chocolate drizzled strawberries and a shortbread cookie. They’re heavenly and decadent and fresh tasting.
If you want to make a clean eating version, use clean eating dark chocolate in place of the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips. Chocolate covered strawberries are the definition of a decadent treat. I wanted that flavor in this cookie, but with less sugar. Drizzling the chocolate gives you that delicious chocolate and strawberry combo while reducing the amount of chocolate used.
Fresh Strawberry Cookies
Equipment and Ingredients – Affiliate links are provided for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Mini Muffin Tin
- Mini Tart Shaper
- Cream Cheese
- Fresh Strawberries
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
What special occasion do you have to celebrate with these easy to make fresh strawberry cookies? Why not try them for this Valentine’s Day since it’s right around the corner.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (or clean eating dark chocolate)
- White chocolate chips (do not use if you are making the clean eating version)
- Mix butter and cream cheese well. Mix in flour.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll into 24 1-inch balls and place in mini tart pan.
- Dip mini tart shaper in flour and press dough balls into cookie cup shape.
- Bake at 325F for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Cool completely.
- Fill each cup with a fresh strawberry.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave 15 seconds at a time, stirring well, until melted. Drizzle over cookies.