I love to give neighbors and friends homemade treats for Christmas. Most folks are so busy these days that homemade baked goods are a treat. I have found that this Gingerbread loaf recipe is perfect for making in double batches so I can make a bunch of loaves for gifts all at one time. It’s a delicious recipe that it easy to make, easy to multiply the recipe and easy to give as a gift.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a 2nd bowl, combine the eggs, milk, syrup and oil.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Pour batter into 2 greased large loaf pans or 7 small pans.
- Bake at 325F for 60-70 minutes for large loaf and 40-35 minutes for small loaf, or until toothpick comes clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then remove to wire rack until completely cooled.
I like to wrap the loaves in colored plastic wrap and either tie with a festive ribbon or slip into one of my upcycled fabric gift bags. Your neighbors and friends will appreciate receiving this delicious and festively wrapped gingerbread loaf as a holiday gift. And you’ll appreciate how easy it is to make and make in large quantities (for all those friends you have!).
You may also enjoy: