I participated in an Ambassador program on behalf of Influence Central for the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #MetLifeTDP
Since November is National Military Family Appreciation Month, it’s the perfect time to share information with my fellow military families about the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program. I firmly believe that knowledge is power and am always interested in learning more about programs that impact my family.
With 5 family members that have all spent months (some have spent years) in braces, taking care of our teeth is critical to us. We’ve already invested thousands of dollars in our children’s teeth and we’re interested in making sure those teeth last a lifetime. Since we move every 1-3 years, finding a new dentist and orthodontist is something we battle frequently. Let me share some details of the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program with you to help you with your dental care and insurance decisions. Knowledge is power and information is the key.
The MetLife TRICARE Dental Program:
- Provides dental benefits to spouses and children of Active Duty military members and National Guard and Reserve members and their families.
- Is a part of the TRICARE Health Plan for military families, but you have to enroll separately in the dental program to access dental coverage for your family.
- Provides cost-effective premiums, free annual dental exams and discounts on orthodontist service at over 164,000 CONUS dental locations for eligible military families.
- Is available worldwide so you don’t have to change your dental plan when you move (and we all know that will happen with the military!).
- Is flexible because coverage continues when the military member changes status to and from active duty to National Guard and Reserve.
- Is easily accessible because you can visit any licensed and authorized dentist in the world, but it’s often easier and more cost-effective to utilize a provider in the MetLife Preferred Dentist Program.
As a military family of 5 (with over 150 teeth total!) that has moved many, many times, I can personally tell you that the MetLife TRICARE Dental Plan is easy to use and is easy to relocate with. When we move, we have to start looking for a new dentist and orthodontist immediately. Since we often don’t know anyone yet to give us recommendations at our new location, the MetLife Preferred Dentist Program list is a great place to find our new dentist and orthodontist. At one point, my family moved 5 times in 6 years. Imagine looking for a new dentist and orthodontist that many times in a short timeframe.