I participated in an Ambassador program on behalf of Influence Central for the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
As the year winds down (can you believe it’s the end of the year already?!), it’s the perfect time to review your dental care benefits, plan ahead for the new year and schedule next year’s dental appointments for your family members. I like to take a few minutes now while I’m setting up my calendar for the new year to plan ahead for my family’s dental care for the next year.
Did you know that December marks the 378th birthday of the National Guard? Please make an effort this month to thank a member of the National Guard for all they do for your community and for the nation.
I make a point to take an hour or two the last week of December each year to get my family’s calendar ready for the new year. Part of my calendar scheduling involves making sure I have dental appointments scheduled for 5 family members. Now that my oldest is away at college, planning ahead is truly essential to scheduling her dental appointments.
MetLife TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) makes planning for next year’s dental care easy for military families. Some things to remember as you plan:
- MetLife TDP is part of the TRICARE Health Plan for military families, but you must enroll separately in the TRICARE Dental Program to obtain dental coverage for your family.
- The TRICARE Dental Program works well for military families because you can maintain continuous dental coverage even through changes in assignments, geographic locations and military status.
- To plan your family budget for the upcoming year, you can find details on premium costs, covered procedures and covered amounts on the MetLife TRICARE Dental Plan Premiums webpage. The MetLife TDP offers low-cost dental coverage for military families with premiums ranging from $11 – $34 per month.
- As you fill in your new calendar, be sure to schedule dental exams and necessary dental care for each of your family members. You can learn more about the MetLife TRICARE Dental Plan coverage by visiting the MetLife TDP website.
- MetLife TDP is focused on educating military members about dental health and important dental care tips. You can learn more by following TRICARE’s Facebook page. I learned that you are able to setup a recurring credit card or EFT payments to pay your monthly TRICARE Dental Program premium. You can set them up directly over the phone by calling a customer service representative at 1-855-638-8371.
- Make a new year’s resolution to keep up-to-date on information on your dental health care and coverage by signing up for the MetLife TRICARE Dental Plan Newsletter, Dental HealthMatters.
What tips do you use to plan for the new year and your next year’s dental care?
Happy birthday to the National Guard!