I vividly remember watching the Olympics together with my family every four years in my childhood. It was a lot of fun, created wonderful shared memories and gave us something to look forward to every few years.
Adding Olympic themed games, like this scavenger hunt for kids, to your family’s watching makes the 2-week event even more fun.
Find the current information and event schedule on the Olympic Committee site.
What makes Olympic themed activities great?
- It’s a fun way for your family to spend time together.
- It can be used as part of a homeschooling curriculum.
- It’s an opportunity to teach:
- The benefits of determination and hard work
- It’s a great opportunity to encourage physical activity and health
- It’s an opportunity for your child to learn more about different sports they many want to try.
Scavenger Hunt for Kids – Summer Olympics
This scavenger hunt includes items to search for that will be found in the summer Olympics:
- Medal ceremony
- Gold medal – found during ceremonies and interviews
- Silver medal – found during ceremonies and interviews
- Stop watch or timer – can be found in most events
- Sunglasses – found on competitors or spectators
- Numbers – look for numbers on the athletes, on lanes and on scores
- Sign – found in the spectators
- Olympic flame – found at opening and closing ceremonies
- Microphone – found with commentators
- News camera – found in all events
- Flags – look for flags with the colors listed
- Hats – look for the colors listed
- Racing Lanes – for any of the sports
- Hurdles – found in track sports
- 28 different summer Olympic sports
Get immediate access to your own free copy of this scavenger hunt for kids for the summer Olympics when you sign up for our free weekly newsletter. You also gain access to 125+ free printables and more in our VIP Resource Library.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I get the Summer Olympics Scavenger Hunt?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolve any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print this printable pdf as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
Looking for more scavenger hunts for kids?
- Scavenger Hunt Ideas – More than 24 different scavenger hunt ideas for the entire year, including free printable games for holidays, for kids, for adults, and for all ages.
- Beach Scavenger Hunt – Looking for a fun beach game that doesn’t require a bunch of equipment? Get your free 4-page beach scavenger hunt printable.
- Amusement Park Scavenger Hunt – A trip to the amusement park is even more fun when you take this 4-page free printable scavenger hunt designed specifically for the amusement park .
- 4th of July Scavenger Hunt – Add even more fun to your patriotic celebrations with a free scavenger hunt printable for the 4th of July. It’s fun for kids of all ages.
Other summer ideas you might have missed
- Summer Word Search – This free 5-page summer word search printable is a fun way to learn for kids and adults. Includes 41 summer themed words & an answer key.
- Nature Scavenger Hunt in the Summer – Have fun this summer with a free printable Nature Scavenger Hunt (whether you’re in the woods or the suburbs) More than 30 items on 4 different sheets.
- Easy DIY Tie Dyed Shoes – Making your own DIY tie dye shoes is easy with this tutorial. It’s a creative fashionable craft you can make with kids’ and teens.
Be sure to pin for later so every four years you can find this scavenger hunt for kids for the summer Olympics and share it with friends.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.