What are your plans for Independence Day? If it doesn’t involve a scavenger hunt printable for the 4th of July then it should. Regardless of your plans, playing a 4th of July game always makes it more fun, especially for children. And you can download and print your copy of this 4-page printable right now.
There are many different 4th of July celebration traditions, but there are always some commonalities:
- Cookout Foods
- 4th of July Desserts
- Outdoor 4th of July Games
- 4th of July Parade
- Listening to Patriotic Songs – As a veteran and the daughter of a Vietnam vet, I’m asking you to Please Consider Your Behavior During the National Anthem
Thanks to the military, I’ve celebrated Independence Day all over the country and in Turkey, Germany and Japan. Every celebration has been unique and memorable, but outdoor activities and games are always involved.
Small town 4th of July parades have a special place in my heart. My all-time favorite was in Japan where the parade was so small that the on-base pizza delivery truck was part of the parade! Attending a parade is a wonderful to create 4th of July family memories – just ask my family since I’ve dragged them all over to see parades.
In addition to parades, our other favorite family activities on the 4th of July are:
- Going to the Beach
- Going to the Lake
- Going to the Pool
- Hosting a Block Party or Cookout
- Water Balloon Games
- Flag Football
- Flashlight Tag
- Scavenger Hunts – both a scavenger hunt for kids and adult scavenger hunts
4th of July Scavenger Hunt
A scavenger hunt is perfect for 4th of July celebrations because a scavenger hunt for kids is always a hit and children of all ages can play. You can also team younger children up with an older child or an adult to make it easier for them to participate. Plus, the treasure hunt aspect of a scavenger hunt is always exciting.
Having a 4th of July printables game in reserve is your “ace up your sleeve.” You can bring copies of the scavenger hunt sheets with you and save them until you need a distraction or a game that everyone can enjoy. You can mix it up by:
- Requiring that the participants only look for items from their seat
- Allowing them to run all around searching for their items.
- Requiring the winner to find all the items on the sheet
- Using the scavenger hunt sheet as a bingo card, so the winner has to find a row or column of items.
Get 20 different scavenger hunts in the Big Bundle of Scavenger Hunts, with a total of 80 different game board pages, that you can download immediately.
Scavenger Hunt Printable – 4th of July
Each of the four sheets have a different mix of items to find. These are items that are common to most Independence Day celebrations. This is a printable scavenger hunt for adults and for kids.
These scavenger hunt sheets contain 4th of July themed items to find:
- The flag
- A hamburger
- A cupcake
- A star
- Uncle Sam
- A baseball cap
- A banner
- A pinwheel
- Ice cream
- A patriotic hat
- A hot dog
- A popsicle
- A lawn chair
- A ball
How to Use a Scavenger Hunt Printable
- Download this 4-page 4th of July scavenger hunt printable. Simply click on the link, download the scavenger hunt pdf and save the file to your desktop.
- Print as many copies as you need.
- Print extras so that you’re prepared for extra players, extra rounds of scavenger hunt and lost sheets.
- If you laminate the sheets, you can use them over and over again. This is my favorite affordable and easy-to-use laminator.
- Set boundaries for area players can look for their scavenger hunt items.
- Have to stand in one spot.
- Can hunt in a set area.
- Can search in a much larger area.
- Set rules for the game, for example do the finds have to be verified to count.
- Have players compete as individuals.
- Have players break up into teams to compete.
- Match younger children with older children or an adult so that everyone can play.
- Give crayons or small pencils to mark found items on the scavenger hunt sheet.
- Have players use phones to take photos of each item.
- Have players take a selfie with each item.
- You can require the winner find all the items on the sheet or a set number.
- You can have players find items in a row or column, like on a bingo card, to win.
There’s something for everyone on these scavenger hunt printables for the 4th of July. Let these printables help you make happy family memories together as you celebrate Independence Day this year. Be sure to pin this resource for your next Independence Day celebration.
More Scavenger Hunt Printables