I’ve shared more than 20 different scavenger hunts for:
- All major holidays
- Vocabulary for Dr. Seuss books
- Seasonal hunts
- Indoor hunts
- Outdoor hunts
- And more.
There are occasions when you want to create your own unique scavenger hunt that contains items in your specific setting.
When You Might Want to Create a Scavenger Hunt
- For a birthday party
- For a family reunion
- For a school field trip
- For a trip to the zoo
- To introduce a class to your classroom
- For a trip to a historic place
- For a trip to a new city
- For attending a sports game
What Are the Rules for a Scavenger Hunt?
- Establish the boundaries of the scavenger hunt game area.
- Determine whether the game will be played based on a time limit or it will be played until someone finds all the items.
- Decide if all the players will have the same scavenger hunt game board or if everyone will have different game boards.
- Decide whether the winner has to find :
- Every item on the game board.
- Every item in a row or column.
- A set number of items from the game board.
- As many items as possible in the set time period.
- Decide whether players will play individually or in teams.
- If playing in teams, decide whether team members have to stay together or can split up to find the items.
- Determine whether the winner(s) will receive a prize or play for bragging rights.
Scavenger Hunt Template
This scavenger hunt template pdf contains templates in 8 different colors:
How to Download the Blank Scavenger Hunt Template
To download your free copy of the scavenger hunt template, simply join our weekly newsletter. You’ll immediately gain access to the printable and 125+ printables and automations in the VIP Resources Library.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free printable Halloween scavenger hunt?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolve any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
How to Print the Scavenger Hunt Template
- Print the scavenger hunt template on your home printer.
- Or you can choose to print the template at your local office store or printer.
- The game boards are designed to be colorful, but you can choose to print the game boards in black, if you prefer.
- You can print the game boards on regular computer paper or, as I prefer, print them on heavier card stock paper.
- Using heavier paper allows the game boards to hold up better to enthusiastic and energetic scavenger hunt games.
- You may choose to laminate the completed scavenger hunt game boards once you create them. This allows you to use the same game boards over again and again.
How to Create Your Own Scavenger Hunt Game Boards
- Once you print out your game boards, it’s time to add your unique hunt items.
- I recommend creating three or four unique boards at a minimum.
- You can simply write the names of the items in the template blocks if the scavenger hunt players can read.
- You can choose to print the words out and then attach them to the game boards.
- You may prefer to use images instead of word on the scavenger hunt template game board.
- You can use photos or clip art or even draw images.
- You can use a combination of images and text.
- Choose what works best for your scavenger hunt participants.
More free printable games for kids:
- Dr. Seuss Word Search
- Reading Log Printable
- Reading Challenge for the Holidays
- Ocean Bingo from Wondermom Wannabe
- Fox Coloring Pages from Life is Sweeter by Design
- Football Bingo from Glue Sticks and Gumdrops
Pin for later so you can always find this Scavenger Hunt Template any time you want to create your own game.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.