I would love to work with you on your organizing challenge. There are four ways that we can work together.
- We can work virtually via email or video chat.
- We can work together in person.
- I can do the work for you and consult with you on decision points.
- We can consult together in person and then I’ll create a DIY organizing plan for you to tackle yourself.
My Organizing Philosophy
Inspiring busy people to enjoy a simpler and more creative life that makes a positive impact.
Chaos gets in the way of what is most important to you. Simplifying and organizing your home, office or schedule makes the space and the time for whatever is truly important to you.
- Organizing should work for your unique needs in your unique space. I don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions.
- You know your space, priorities and goals. Organizing your space is about you (not me), your goals (not mine) and your satisfaction (not photos for my Instagram account).
- Organizing is about function and what works best for you, not just about magazine-worthy photos.
- I believe in organizing using bins, baskets and containers that you already have. I also love to repurpose items (and save them from the landfill) to organize spaces. Of course, I enjoy shopping for new Instagram-worthy organizing items – if that’s what you want.
- Organizing is an educational, trial and error process. I will work closely with you, so that together we figure out systems that will work best for you and you’ll develop skills that will help you stay organized long after.
- Organizing needs, processes and challenges evolve over time and need to be reevaluated and adjusted periodically.
Professional Organizing Services
Decluttering and Organizing
We work side-by-side together during the decluttering phase and can work independently during the organizing phase. All decisions on what to throw away or donate are always made by you, and you alone. No room or area is too small or too large.
If your schedule doesn’t allow you to work side-by-side for 4-hour sessions, we can work out an option for you to consult in person during start or end of the session, but I can work independently while checking with you via texts during the session.
If your schedule, situation or geography doesn’t allow for us to work side-by-side, we can work together via email and video chat. You will do more of the work yourself, but I’ll be with you each step to provide advice, coaching and accountability.
If you’re fine with doing all the work yourself, but just need a little direction and some suggestions, then the DIY Organizing package is for you. We’ll meet in your space for a one-hour consultation. I’ll provide you with a detailed and personalized plan to declutter and organize your space to meet your goals. I’ll even provide a suggested list of organizing products to make the most of your project. You do the work on your time. We’ll touch base at the one-week or two-week point to encourage you and provide accountability.
Unpacking and Setting Up a New Home
With 25 moves under my belt (thanks to the military), I can help you unpack and set up your new home to work best for you and address any quirky areas in your new space.
Downsizing and Senior Moves
I’ve downsized and upsized many times in my personal life. I’ve assisted seniors with the challenge of downsizing and moving. We can make your new home work well for you and feel like home.
Seasonal Clothing Swap
Let me help you with your seasonal clothing swap. We’ll determine the items that you truly want to keep. Those items will be carefully packed away for next season. The current season’s items will be neatly folded, hung and displayed for your effortless use.
Holiday Decor Packing
Having moved my own holiday decor around the world several times, I have learned the best way to organize and pack away holiday decor. Your decorations will be easy to locate next year and fresh and ready to be displayed year after year.
Paper and File Organization
This area is a challenge for most and not as glamorous as some other organizing areas, but it is the most critical organizing task. Organizing your paperwork allows you to sleep well at night, pay bills on time and find any important document in just minutes.
As a trainer and educator, I know that an engaging presentation with easy-to-implement ideas are what audiences really want. I prefer to share less theory and more how-to tips and tricks.