There are many exciting activities for children leading up to and on Easter. But there are also many occasions when children get restless waiting or need an engaging activity to keep them occupied (and out of trouble). Playing this Easter memory matching game is the perfect solution for children from three and up.
Easter Memory Matching Game
The memory matching game is also called the memory game, the matching game and the matching card game.
This Easter memory matching game consists of 36 pairs of images on cards you print out yourself. The total number of cards is 72, which is 2 cards each of the 36 images.
You can choose how many cards to play the game with depending on the ages and abilities of the players. If you have a shorter period of time, you may choose to purposefully shorten the game by playing with fewer cards.
I recommend that the fewest number of cards be 12, that is two copies of six images. You can choose to play with any number you’d like. Just make sure that you always have two cards of each image.
The cards are shuffled so that the images are in a random sequence.
All the cards are placed in a grid with the images face down. The size of the grid isn’t important, but is most often constructed in the shape of a square or rectangle.
Easy tips to arrange these Easter memory matching game cards:
- One unique page of game cards (two total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 6 by 4.
- Two unique pages of game cards (four total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 8 by 6.
- Three unique pages of game cards (six total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 9 by 8.
The youngest player goes first. Players take turns turning over 2 cards face up in the attempt to match the images. If the two cards don’t match, they are turned face down again and the next player takes a turn. If the cards do match, the player removes the cards from the grid and takes a another turn.
The winner is the person with the most matching pairs at the end of the game.
This Easter memory matching game contains images of:
- Bunny Ears
- Easter Basket – 4 Different Images
- Egg-shaped Balloons
- 3 Crosses – 2 Different Images
- Bird in Egg Shell
- Hen with Eggs
- Easter Lily
- Easter Globe
- Easter Egg – 6 different images
- Easter Bunny – 7 Different Images
- Happy Easter Text – 2 Different Images
- Easter Eggs in Grass
- Cracked Egg Shell
- Pile of Easter Eggs – 2 Different Images
- Chocolate Easter Bunny
How to Print the Easter Matching Game
- Access the Easter Matching game by clicking on the link in the Resource table.
- Right click on the document when it opens.
- Choose whether you want to print or download the pdf.
- If you choose to download the document, you can print it later from your computer.
- I recommend you print the game cards on card stock paper. Card stock is heavier paper that will hold up better to repeated game play.
- If you’d like to play many times, you may want to consider laminating the cards so they will last longer.
More Easter Games and Activities
- Easter Scavenger Hunt – For families and children of all ages
- Easter Bingo – For families and all ages
- Bunny Coloring Pages – For anyone who enjoys simple coloring activities
- Easter Color Pages – Easter-themed coloring sheets
- Easter Egg Color Page – Make these Easter eggs unique with your own color choices.
- Easter Preschool Activity – Fun activities for preschoolers
- Easter I Spy Printable – A fun activity for children, senior adults and anyone looking for a relaxing activity
More Memory Matching Games
- Superhero Matching Game – If you enjoy matching games and are a superhero fan, this is the game for you
- Christmas Memory Matching Game – A great Christmastime game for families and children
- Farm Animal Matching Game
- Ocean Animal Memory Game
- Snow Day Memory Game
Be sure to pin this free printable Easter Memory Matching Game so you can find it every year to print yourself or share with friends.
Find all our best Easter activities and ideas in the table below. You can scroll through the table and click on an idea that interests you or use the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to search for a specific topic.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.