Are you a busy blogger looking for simple ways (that actually work!) to grow your blog?
Blogging is busy enough, let’s simplify the process so you can focus on what you want to and what will help you work smarter not harder.
Simplifying blogging is a two prong approach:
- Simple to implement.
- Simple to use and ideally as automated as possible.
These are the simple products that I use on my own blog that have made a big impact in simplifying my tasks, growing my blog and growing and making money.
What can you do when you Simplify Blogging?
- Grow your blog traffic consistently with one-time investments of effort
- Grow fan followers – readers that return again and again, rather than one-time visitors
- Increase time on your site
- Grow your newsletter sign ups and thus drive more traffic to your site
- Improve and maintain your site health on a regular schedule
- And all of these send Google positive signals which improve your overall SEO health and strength, too.
What could you do with the extra time and boost to your traffic and readers that these simple tools you can customize for your unique site will bring you?
As a blogger, you know there’s never enough time for all we have to get done and all we want to build and accomplish.
I’ve been blogging for almost ten years. I started blogging because I really, really don’t like technology (but I’m too young to give up on technology completely). I’ve blogged as a hobby. When I started taking my blog seriously, I was hit with 5 serious life blows which impacted my ability to build my business. Through this all, I’ve created tools that help me simplify my tasks so that I can focus on the creative and big-brain parts of my business.
Simply Do More and Do It Better
The templates and resources I’ve created for myself and am now sharing with you to help you simplify and do more better with your blog.
I’ve discovered the simplicity and power of using AirTable to create tools to manage and build my blog. You can sign up and use AirTable for free to use any of my AirTable based Simplify Blogging products.
You can rest assured that these AirTable tools are designed to be easy to set up and easy to use (I don’t know about you, but I don’t need any more complications in my blogging life). You receive access to an AirTable templates that you can easily personalize for your specific blog focus in addition to directions to set up and implement each different product.
Related Posts Table
Are you looking to drive more traffic to your site and create raving fans out of your one-time visitors?
Do you want control over where your related posts show up and which posts are featured?
I created this versatile and easy-to-use Related Posts Table template with AirTable for use on my own site because I was frustrated with the plugins and other options available.
Traffic from Submission Sites
Are you tired of spending hours and hours promoting your posts in hopes of driving more traffic to your blog?
Are frustrated spending way too much time and money on courses to help you crack the code on driving social media traffic to your blog?
Do you wish you had a staff to do all the work necessary to send on-going traffic to your blog?
If this is you, then you will be thrilled to learn that you can invest as little as 5 minutes per post to drive traffic to your blog year after year by harnessing the power of submission sites and this AirTable submissions management template.
Easily Build a Printables Library as an Incentive to Join Your Email Newsletter List
Would you like to build your email list by providing access to your printables?
Are you frustrated with reformatting your printables library page and fighting with resizing images and blocks again and again so the page looks pretty?
Are you tired of creating a sign up form in your email service provide for each new printable you create?
This Printables Library template using the power of AirTable (which you can use with a free membership) is the simple and powerful solution you’ve been looking for.
Keep Track of Critical Monthly Blog Maintenance Tasks
Keep up with all the critical tasks to keep your blog healthy and growing. These checklists are designed to work with your blog planner or binder.
If you’re interested in a complete blog and social media management system, my friends Corinne, from Wondermom Wannabe, and Christina, from It’s a Keeper, have created the Smart Influencer System. I personally use this comprehensive management product designed by bloggers for bloggers.
Recommended Tools and Platforms
Tools and Resources that I really do use in my business:
- AirTable – AirTable is the best of a spreadsheet and database combined. The power of AirTable to manage all aspects of your business and team is incomparable. You can get started with their comprehensive list of free templates.
- Big Scoots –
- BirdSend – An affordable email marketing platform with great open rates. The perfect solution in between Mail Chimp and ConvertKit.
- Canva – A graphic-design tool website that’s easy to use for non-designers and beginners. I use it to create printables and graphics. It uses a drag-and-drop format and provides access to over a million photographs, graphics, and fonts.
- Clariti – Use coupon code REF-SUSAN to get the first month for just $5 when you sign up for the $25/month forever. plan.
- iMark – The only service I trust when I need help with my WordPress site (and I’m a tough grader!)
- WordPress quick fixes to get things done on your site fast and efficiently. This quick fix service covers a large range of services that take 30 minutes or less.
- WordPress support plans geared toward small, medium, and large WordPress site owners. Whether you are just starting, having been blogging for some time, or are just tired of the technical aspects of running a site, this is your life ring.
- KeySearch – An easy-to-use and powerful web-based keyword research tool with in-depth competition analysis, keyword difficulty checker, keyword suggestions and more. Use discount code KSDISC for 20% savings.
- Link Whisperer – An easy-to-use and powerful WordPress plug in that allows to set up automations for affiliate and internal linking. Improve your SEO and affiliate income.
- NameCheap – Makes registering, hosting, and managing domains easy and affordable, because the internet needs more people like you. Your website security and privacy comes first at Namecheap.
- PicMonkey – Allows you to edit photos and create images. I prefer PicMonkey for photo editing because of it’s easy-to-use effects, editing tools, touch up tools, textures, frames, and fonts. You can keep your images and graphics on PicMonkey and then reedit them or a copy in the future.
- Pixistock – A comprehensive stock photo and graphic template service with an emphasis on inclusive images and content. Want more brand visibility on social media? Build a magnetic brand with the help of the stunning, digital content library of styled stock photos, graphics, templates and time-saving, idea generation tools. With Pixistock, you’ll finally have confidence to show up EVERYDAY for your audience and grow an engaged community of raving fans.
- Publr – Publer is a social media scheduling platform that lets you collaborate, schedule and analyze your posts for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google My Business and YouTube from the same spot.
- Shop Owners Vault – An amazing resource for printable templates you can use on your site and tutorials for how to make and sell printables. Take a video tour of The Shop Owner’s Vault.
- Short Pixel – ShortPixel image optimization plugin for WordPress is easy to use. It compresses images and it makes your website load faster.
- The Smart Influencer Hive – A private mentor community to help online influencers grow their blogs and businesses. This is the only community I invest my limited time in. It’s run by two 6-figure bloggers with different approaches to blog success. They show you behind-the-scenes of how they successfully run their blogs and answer all your questions.
- Smash Balloon – I love Smash Balloon for the easy of providing direct links to blog posts, resources and products from an Instagram post. You can see how it works on my Instagram account. And this is the corresponding page on my site.