The other day I was in the mood for an apple pie but didn’t want to wait for an entire pie to cook. I decided I’d use ingredients I already had to whip up these quick and easy apple pie bites as a snack.
I keep store-bought pie crusts in the freezer, so I was able to pull a pie crust out to defrost. I also had some Granny Smith apples on-hand. Granny Smith apples are the best to use for making apple pie bites (and apple pies).
Peel, core and cut your apple into slices. Mix the apple slices with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
Roll your pie crust out and cut it into 8 pieces.
Place one or two apple slices in the center of each pie crust square. Wrap the edges of the pie crust up tightly around the apple slice.
The apple slices will be ready in just 10-15 minutes.
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Roll out pie crust and cut into 8 squares.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Add sliced apples and toss to coat.
- Place 1 or 2 apple slices in the center of each pie crust square. Wrap edges of pie crust tightly around the apple slices.
- Bake at 425F for 12-16 minutes or until the pie crust is golden brown.
- Cool completely or eat warm.
You can make these quick and easy Apple Pie Bites as a treat for unexpected guests or for your family to enjoy together.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.