The other day I was in the mood for an apple pie but didn’t want to wait for an entire pie to cook. I decided I’d use ingredients I already had to whip up these quick and easy apple pie bites as a snack.
I keep store-bought pie crusts in the freezer, so I was able to pull a pie crust out to defrost. I also had some Granny Smith apples on-hand. Granny Smith apples are the best to use for making apple pie bites (and apple pies).
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Roll out pie crust and cut into 8 squares.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Add sliced apples and toss to coat.
- Place 1 or 2 apple slices in the center of each pie crust square. Wrap edges of pie crust tightly around the apple slices.
- Bake at 425F for 12-16 minutes or until the pie crust is golden brown.
- Cool completely or eat warm.
You can make these quick and easy Apple Pie Bites as a treat for unexpected guests or for your family to enjoy together.
Since it’s Autumn and apple season, my talented friend, Cynthia at Feeding Big, has shared her mouth-watering recipe for Stuffed Pork Chops (with you guessed it) apples.
More dessert ideas: