Updated October 21, 2021.
Relive your childhood in a grownup way with this green apple Jolly Rancher cocktail. It’s an adult spin on a favorite candy. This popular Jolly Rancher drink also makes a great St. Patrick’s Day, Christmas or Halloween cocktail.
Jolly rancher drinks and imitation drinks are quite popular with kids of all ages. Seems like the adult kids deserve a delicious drink they can enjoy, too. There is a nonalcoholic version of this recipe below for actual children.
Wouldn’t they make a fun Halloween cocktail?! The bright green color would be perfect.
Wait! They’re also perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, especially if you’re not a fan of green beer.
How about when watching your favorite sports team with green as a team color?
How about at a summer garden party?
They’d be great as a treat for the adults at a children’s party.
Jolly Rancher Cocktail
Isn’t your mouthwatering just looking at this jolly rancher cocktail and thinking about that tart green apple fruity taste?
Jolly Rancher shots are popular with the adult crowd, but there are times when you’d prefer a grownup cocktail to doing shots. You can wow your guests with a cocktail that blends a fun childhood candy flavor with the sophistication of a cocktail.
If you’re looking for a frozen Jolly Rancher drink, then you definitely want to check out this Jolly Rancher Margarita from Sequins in the South.
These Jolly Rancher cocktails would be perfect for a variety of situations:
- The nostalgic candy taste is perfect for a bright summer day.
- The bright green color is perfect for a Halloween party.
- The fun candy taste would be great as the adult beverage at a child’s celebration.
- Add a frozen cranberry or two and it could be a festive holiday cocktail.
- The distinctive color makes it ideal for a bright green color athletic team tailgate style party.
Warning – You don’t want these cocktails to be confused with a Jolly Rancher drink by children. Please be aware that while this is a festive drink for adults, it is a cocktail and only appropriate for adults. Instead you can serve one of these equally delicious non-alcoholic drinks for them:
- The Best Strawberry Lemonade Ever – This is the best strawberry lemonade ever. It’s quick and easy to make , can be prepped ahead of time and is perfect for large parties.
- Easy Pineapple Lemonade – An easy pineapple lemonade recipe that’s refreshing on a hot day. It’s a perfect afternoon treat & easy to make in big batches for a party.
- Witches Brew Punch – Witches’ brew punch is a fun, frothy easy-to-make Halloween drink that you can make in an adult version and also in a non-alcoholic version.
You could also make a mocktail version of the Jolly Rancher Cocktail by:
- Mixing a 2-liter bottle of Jolly Rancher Drink with sparkling water, apple juice or white grape juice
- Mixing Green Apple Jolly Rancher Drink powdered drink mix with sparkling water, apple juice or white grape juice
- You could also mix either with ginger ale or your favorite lemon lime soda, too.
How to Make a Jolly Rancher Cocktail
- 9.5 ounces vodka, divided
- 1.5 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1.5 ounces melon liqueur
- 3 ounces ***homemade pomegranate grenadine syrup
- 5-10 Green Apple Jolly Rancher Candies
- Cocktail shaker
- Combine 5 Green Apple Jolly Rancher candies and 1 cup of vodka in container with a lid.
- Allow candy and vodka to infuse at least 24 hours.
- In an ice-filled cocktail shaker, add
Green Apple Jolly Rancher infused vodka, melon liqueur, and lemon juice.
- Shake vigorously to mix.
- Place a Green Apple Jolly Rancher in the bottom of a glass.
- Fill the glass about three-quarters full with the Jolly Rancher Cocktail.
- Add a few drops of the homemade pomegranate grenadine syrup.
- *** To make the pomegranate grenadine simple syrup, add 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, turn down heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes. Add 1/4 pomegranate juice. Remove and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container
Fun Variations for a Jolly Rancher Drink
- Make this Jolly Rancher cocktail in your favorite Jolly Rancher candies flavor. Hint – blue raspberry is another favorite candy flavor that works well.
- Make ice cubes from this Jolly Rancher drink and add them to your sparkling water or clear soda.
- Use a slushie machine is a great way to turn this recipe into frozen drinks.
- Experiment with changing the melon liquor for other options:
- Blueberry Schnapps
- Peach Schnapps
- Try adapting the recipe with other substitutions:
- Cranberry juice
- Sour mix
- Substitute lemon-lime soda or sparkling water for some of the other ingredients to create a milder flavor.
- Serve this Jolly Rancher drink in:
- A Mason jar
- An old-fashioned glass with character
- A holiday-themed glass
- A sports team glass
Be sure to pin for later so you can find the Green Apple Jolly Rancher cocktail recipe for your next party.
Find all my favorite go-to easy recipes in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.rposed
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.