I had wanted to make homemade jam for years but was too intimidated by the process. Then about 2 years ago I learned how to make freezer jam. I’m still intimidated by the canning process, but I promise that this easy freezer jam is easy enough for anyone with a freezer to make. And it tastes so good that you’d better start off by making a double batch!
- 4 cups chopped strawberries
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 box fruit pectin
- Clean the freezer jars well and set aside.
- Clean the strawberries and chop in a food processor or mash with a potato masher. Leave some bite-sized chunks of fruit.
- Mix sugar and chopped strawberries in a bowl
- Boil 1 cup water and fruit pectin in large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly and boil for 1 minute.
- Add strawberries to sauce pan and mix well.
- Fill jars with jam, leaving 1/2 inch at top of jar for expansion in the freezer. Clean the jars and immediately cover with jar lids.
- Leave on the counter for 24 hours. Then refrigerate or freeze.
- The jam is good for 3 weeks in the fridge or up to 1 year in the freezer.
This jam is delicious on bread, ice cream, pound cake or just on a spoon. I find myself stopping by the fridge for a spoonful of jam several times a day lately. Consider yourself warned!
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.