Life is better when simple and organized. And yet life seems to get in the way of getting and staying organized. Every second spent organizing is rewarded with much less stress, much more productivity and simple peace. That extends to taking time to organize with desktop wallpaper. It’s a quick and easy trick to manage desktop files and projects. You can grab one of these free downloadable desktop wallpapers for your desk top in your choice of four color combinations.
How many times has a boss or client asked for a file and you spend frantic minutes that feel like hours searching your desktop for it? How many times have you almost forgotten a deadline because a project file is lost in your mess of a computer? How many times have you punched every variation you can think of for a file into the search bar looking for a file?
And the same thing goes for locating a personal document, photo or file.
Life on your computer doesn’t have to be like that.
I think all of life runs more smoothly, more efficiently and with less stress when organized. It’s the same with your desktop and files.
Organize with Desktop Wallpaper
Why Organize Your Computer Desktop
- Less Stress
- Better Productivity
- Less Time Wasted
- Increased Income
- Better Prioritizing
Keep Your Files and Desktop Organized
- Use a naming for files and folders that makes sense to you. Add identifiers to make it easy to find what you need.
- Date – Project
- Project – Date
- Client – Project
- Client – Project – Date
- Function – Date
- Staff – Name
- Team – Name – Task
- Place files in named folders rather than letting the languish in the bottomless documents folder.
- Place folders where you can easily find them on your desktop.
- Archive folders when they are no longer active.
To make organizing your computer desktop easier, I created four (it was originally three, but I was having so much fun that I added one more) desktop wallpaper options for you. If you’d prefer you can design your own, you can use this tutorial from IheartPlanners. It’s easy to follow.
It’s simple to set up one of the four options I created.
- Choose an organizing desktop wallpaper to download. Click on an image below to access the full-sized version for your desktop.
- Save the wallpaper where you can find it (yes, we both know this is a necessary clarification).
- Go to Settings and find where to change your desktop wallpaper.
- Now place your projects and files into the appropriate categories on your desktop.
- Enjoy being able to find what you need when you need it.
After you’ve organized with desktop wallpaper, what will you do with all the extra stress-free time you’ve found?