This homemade lavender linen spray is easy to make and has a pleasant scent. It makes a great gift, too. That’s a win – win – win.
Always check that your family members and pets do not have any allergy or other issues with the ingredients.
Always check this lavender linen spray recipe on a small area of fabric before using. Also, do not spray it on finished surfaces. The ingredients may have a reaction with the finished surface.
How can I make my sheets smell like lavender?
- Make your own lavender linen spray with a DIY tutorial like this quick recipe.
- Store bedsheets with lavender scented sachets.
- Place lavender scented dryer sheets in your linen closet.
- Place lavender scent dryer sheets between the mattress pad and sheets.
- Use lavender scented laundry detergent.
- Use lavender scent fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Place a bar of lavender soap with the bed sheets in the linen closet.
- Purchase lavender linen spray.
DIY Lavender Linen Spray
Where you can use DIY lavender spray:
- Freshen bed linens.
- Use on sheets in the linen closet.
- Freshen dog beds (check with your veterinarian first to make sure it’s fine to use with your pet).
- Use with towels.
- Spritz on throw pillows.
- Spray on and in your gym bag to add a light scent that is fresh.
- Spritz your own lavender linen spray while you’re ironing.
- Use as a room spray to freshen up a guest room in place of an air freshener.
It’s important to check on any allergies before making or using this linen spray recipe. Also, keep the spray safely out of the reach of children.
Supplies & Equipment
- 3/4 cup Distilled Water
- 1 Tablespoon Rubbing Alcohol (Isopropyl alcohol) or Witch Hazel
- Some recipes recommend using vodka. 151 proof or higher is recommended for the best results.
- Other recipes suggest using ethanol (or grain) alcohol to inhibit the growth of microbes in the DIY linen spray. The grain alcohol should be 190 proof for it to be effective.
- 40 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- A small eye dropper if your lavender oil does not come with it. An eyedropper makes measuring the drops of essential oil much easier and accurate.
- Small Spray Bottle, the 2 oz size glass bottle works well.
- Small mixing bowl
- Funnel or bowl with spout
- Towel to wipe up spills
DIY Lavender Linen Spray Tutorial
- Measure the ingredients and add to the bowl.
- Mix well.
- Use funnel or bowl with spout to pour the lavender spray mixture to the spray bottle.
How to Use Lavender Linen Spray
Some people like to mix up a larger batch of this linen spray recipe and store it in a mason jar or other container. I recommend that you mix smaller batches that will remain fresh and more fragrant.
You can use it for everyday uses to freshen linens in your home. Many people find that the relaxing scent helps with better sleep. Personally, I enjoy the linen spray for the soothing lavender scent.
It’s a good idea to give the spray bottle a good shake to make sure the ingredients remain well mixed before using it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best lavender linen spray?
If you’d rather purchase linen spray and not make it yourself, popular brands are:
- Lavender Linen Spray and Home Fragrance
- Julie’s Lavender Room & Linen Spray Pure Lavender Essential Oil Mist Spray
- Victoria’s Lavender Pillow and Linen Spray
- Caldrea Linen and Room Spray Air Freshener
Does linen spray work?
Linen sprays work well to freshen up linens that have been in storage. Many people enjoy using it in their linen closet or in guest rooms or seldom used rooms.
It does freshen otherwise clean linens. It is not a substitute for a good washing if linens are musty, dusty or dirty.
What is the purpose of linen spray?
Linen spray has a faint, pleasant scent and is misted over linens, bedding and carpet to lightly freshen a space between cleanings. It is not a substitute for cleaning. The spray is designed to not stain fabrics. Calming, fresh scents are most often chosen for linen sprays.
What are other linen spray scents?
There are many options for different scents of linen spray. While lavender linen spray is favored by many for it’s calming properties, choices should be based on personal preference. There are many options for you to choose your favorite scents.
Other common linen spray scents are:
- Tea Tree
More Linen Ideas
More DIY Gift Ideas
- How to Make Homemade Glycerin Soap
- Easy to Make Flannel Blankets – These would be a great gift to give along with a bottle of linen spray.
- DIY Tie Dyed Towels
- DIY Laundry Bags
Be sure to pin for later so you can find this DIY Lavender Linen Spray when you’d like to make this quick recipe to give as gifts or for your own home.
Find all my best cleaning tips and hacks in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.