Make learning fun with this free farm animal memory matching game. The game comes with 24 different farm animal images and 12 different farm animal words so you can create the perfect game for your needs.
With a total of 36 unique card pairs and 72 total game cards, you can design a game that meets your specific needs. You can choose to play with as few or as many card pairs as you’d like. This allows you to create a game for the age and attention span of the players and for the amount of time you have available to play the game.
You can use the game to add fun to learning activities:
- Pair with books about farm animals.
- Play the game while listening to farm-themed music.
- Play the farm animal memory matching game to reinforce word recognition.
- Play the game before or after a field trip to a farm.
Farm Animal Memory Matching Game
This free farm animal matching game printable contains 2 sheets of 24 unique farm animal game cards and 1 page of 12 farm animal word cards.
Farm Animals Included in the Game Cards
- Blue Bird
How to Play the Memory Match Game
There are three different pages of cards, for a total of 24 different images, 12 different words and 36 cards. There are two copies of each page for a total of 6 pages and 72 total cards.
You can choose to play the farm animal memory matching game any way you want. You can easily adapt the game for different ages and attention spans.
- Play the game with one page of image cards for a total of 12 different images and 24 game cards. Or play with the one page of word cards with 12 different words and a total of 24 cards.
- Play with two different pages of image game cards for a total of 24 unique images and a total of 48 game cards.
- You can play with all three pages which will give you 36 different pairs of cards with a total of 72 cards.
- Make sure to print 2 copies of each page of cards that you choose.
Once you print out the pages of cards, cut the game cards out separately.
Shuffle the farm animal matching game cards and lay them out in a grid pattern, with the images face down.
- One unique page of game cards (two total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 6 by 4.
- Two unique pages of game cards (four total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 8 by 6.
- Three unique pages of game cards (six total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 9 by 8.
The goal of the game is to turn over two cards with matching images or words.
- The youngest player goes first and turns two cards over face up.
- The goal is to match the images/words on both cards.
- If the cards match, the player removes the cards and places them next to them. The player then takes another turn attempting to match two cards.
- If the cards don’t match, the player turns the cards back over so the images are down and keep the cards in the same location. Then the next player turns over two cards attempting to match cards.
- The players continue taking turns until all the cards are matched.
- Players should pay attention to each card that is turned over and remember the location so that they can create matching pairs from memory.
- The player with the most matched pairs wins.
Print Your Free Farm Animal Memory Game
Get your free copy of the memory matching game when you sign up for our free newsletter.
- Simply sign up for our free newsletter to receive this free printable pdf in an email sent to your inbox.
- Choose whether you want to print or download the pdf.
- If you choose to download the document, you can print it later from your computer.
- I recommend you print the game cards on card stock paper. This is heavier paper that will hold up better to repeated game play.
- If you plan on playing the game many times, you may want to consider laminating the cards so they will last longer.
More Farm Games and Activities
- DIY Farm Animal Book Marks – Fun bookmarks you can make yourself.
- Tractor Coloring Pages – If you enjoy coloring, these are the farm-themed pages for you.
More Matching Games
- Ocean Animal Memory Matching Game
- Easter Memory Matching Game
- Snow Day Memory Matching Game
- Free Wild Animal Matching Game
Pin this free farm animal memory matching game printable so you can find this resource when you need it.
Find all our best kids’ activities, games, and printables in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.