Late Saturday night I was reading some of my favorite blogs. I went to Susan’s blog, Achieving Creative Order, and read that she’d received the Liebster Award (more about that in a moment). I’m a really good terrible skimmer when I read. I skimmed her post, left Susan a congratulatory comment and then glanced up and noticed MY name as one of her nominees! I actually double checked it, hit refresh and checked again. I was so excited! Thank you for making my day week month, Susan.
Now about the Liebster Blog Award
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show new bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs.
There are some rules that go along with it…
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5. No tag back.
Simple enough, Right!? So, here we go.
11 Random Things About Me
1. I’ve lived in 3 foreign countries and 13 states.
2. I love the color purple.
3. I organize my spices alphabetically and my clothes
by ROY G. BIV (doesn’t everybody?).
4. I have always wished I were 5’7″ tall.
5. I have a degree in economics (wish I didn’t know what I know right now with all that’s going on with the economy and the government!).
6. I am fascinated by historic reenactors. I embarrass my family by questioning and talking for a LONG time to every reenactor I see.
7. I studied Russian for 5 years. After all these years about all I can still say is “I studied Russian in school many years ago and have forgotten everything.”
8. I hope to some day travel
9. I love nothing more than when my children cuddle up next to me on the couch. It happens less often now that 2 of them are teens, so that makes those times that much more precious.
10. My husband and I danced our first dance at our wedding to Elvis’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love,” my all-time favorite song (and no, I’m not that old! I just think it’s incredibly romantic)
11. I have an almost compulsion to number things. (I had to add this one after completing this post and reviewing it. Go ahead and check as you read.)
Susan’s Questions for Me
What is your biggest regret in life?
That I didn’t take advantage of more activities in college
. I wish I’d gone to more plays, musical performances, poetry readings, sporting events, etc. When else in your life do you have the time and the access to so many different types of activities?
If you had one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
Who is your favorite actor?
Andy Garcia (go right now and watch him in Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead!)
What is your favorite midnight snack?
Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Creme Pies
Do you like to sing in the shower? If so, what do you like to sing?
Nope. I enjoy the peace and solitude.
What experience(s) have marked you the most?
Growing up in Hawaii, being raised by parents
with a strong Midwest farm work ethic, serving in the military and my faith Are you a night owl or a morning person?
I used to be a night owl. But because of my beautiful, wonderful children, I’m now a reluctant morning person. I worked a job in college
from 2 pm till 10 pm. I loved those hours. Wish my life could operate on those hours now.
How superstitious are you?
I could easily be very superstitious, but because of my faith, I purposefully don’t allow myself to be.
What is your one achievement that makes you most proud?
My first thought was “my children”, but it doesn’t seem right to claim a person as my achievement. But I will claim the close relationships I have with my parents
, husband and children.
What was your worst dating experience?
I didn’t really have any terrible dating experiences. Disappointing, yes, but not terrible. I did have a terribly embarrassing dance experience. I was in tech school in the Air Force. All my buddies (all guys) and I went to the club after work. A Norwegian pilot asked me to dance. I just wanted to relax with my friends but I didn’t want to be rude so I accepted. This guy started dancing like something out of Flash Dance. He was flailing all around and pushing himself dramatically off the walls. My buddies thought it was hysterical. I was mortified. I assume that’s not how they dance in Norway, but I’m not sure I ever want to find out.
What three things would you take with you on an island?
My pillow (I never leave home without it)
My reading glasses. Until 3 years ago, I WOULD have said eye drops.
My questions for my nominees are:
1. What is your earliest memory?
2. Who influenced you most in school?
3. What is one country you would like to visit?
4. What’s your all-time favorite song?
5. Do you use your turn signal every time you make a turn when you’re driving?
6. What’s your favorite dessert?
7. What’s one crazy, cah-razy thing you’d like to do?
8. What accomplishment gives you the most satisfaction?
9. If you could go back and change one thing in your life, what would it be?
10. If you could have chosen your own first name, what would it be?
11. Who would you like to sit next to on a 10-hour plane ride?
My Nominees are these creative wonderful blogs
1. Seasons Gredings
2. Curb Alert
3. Storage Glee
4. My Year of Living Vintagely
5. Like Playing House
6. Pots, Pans and Paintbrushes
7. Chantilly Charm
8. Favorites and Things
9. Annie One Can Cook
10. It’s A Wunderbar Life
11. The Domesticated Princess
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.