Do you plant your own garden? I don’t because every time I’ve gotten ready to plant one we’ve gotten orders and moved, so I’ve learned to depend on my local farmer’s market for fresh summer vegetables. Using garden vegetables in this summer salad with bacon makes it the perfect dish for barbecues and summer cookouts.
My blogging friends wanted to share our favorite summer salad recipes. I was all in on the idea except….I grew up in Hawai’i and still don’t get the concept of a summer salad. Even after all the explanations, I don’t get it (I’d love to hear your explanation and hope that it’s the one that unlocks this mystery for me). But thanks to my good friend, J., I can share her delicious summer salad recipe (that I would eat year round!) with a couple of additions, like bacon (because everything is better with bacon!).
- 2 1/2 pounds baby potatoes, cut into 1" cubes
- 6 ears of corn - enough to produce 2 - 3 cups of kernels
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 - 1 cup chopped bacon
- Cook the potatoes and corn until tender.
- Cut kernels from the cob.
- Mix potatoes, corn and remaining ingredients.
- Serve warm.