My family really, really enjoys Mexican food. We like Mexican main dishes, but we like dips and salsa even more. I make almost-fresh salsa every week for my family to snack on. We have friends coming for Cinco de Mayo who don’t like spicy salsa the way my family does. I’ll be making this delicious cheesy black bean dip just for them (and because my family would eat it by the spoonful if I’d let them).
- 10 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Chop (or puree, if you prefer) the black beans in a food processor. Mix the chopped beans and the rest of the dip ingredients well in a bowl. Refrigerate. Top with cheese, tomatoes and green onions when serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.