This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PowerTheirDay #CollectiveBias
Back-to-school time is so exciting. I look forward to the anticipation of new experiences and adventures for my kids and family. But all the excitement wears off for me by about the second week of lunch making. I quickly find that I’ve run out of lunch ideas and dread the mornings of groggily trying to piece together a lunch that my kids will like and I’ll be happy for them to eat. No more lunch dreading this year. I’m using this Back-to-School Lunch Box Planner for stress-free mornings and lunches that will make everyone happy.
Early in the morning is not my best time of day. Trying to figure out a lunch that my children will like and I will be satisfied sending with them is tough in the foggy chaos of weekday mornings. I want their lunch to power their entire day of learning and growing at school and be something they’ll be excited to eat.
Why Use a Lunch Planner
- Makes it easier to plan a variety of mom and kid approved lunches
- Makes to more likely your child will actually eat the lunch
- Makes it easier for you to plan your shopping list
- Saves you time in the morning wondering what to make for lunch
- Saves you time all year long because you can use the same monthly planner over and over again
Back-to-School Lunch Box Planner
The School Lunch Planner allows you to plan out an entire month of lunches and snacks. It’s easy to schedule a variety of lunches so your child won’t be bored with the same old thing day after day. It also ensures that each lunch is filled with mom-approved choices. Simply fill in the categories for each day.
- Main Dish
- Extra Snack – If your child eats a morning or afternoon snack at school.
Print out your own copy of the Back-to-School Lunch Planner. Grab the list of ideas you brainstormed with your child, your calendar and a cup of coffee. Fill in each day of the calendar with each of the lunch items. Your goal is to plan balanced lunches for each day that your child will like and a variety of meals throughout each week and the entire month.
In filling out the School Lunch Planner Calendar, consider:
- Balanced meals that you approve of
- Food choices that your child likes and will eat
- Holidays and other scheduled events that may impact lunch choices
- Seasonal fruits and vegetables
- Meals that can be made ahead
Having a lunch that my kids will love makes all the difference in their day. They’ll enjoy lunch and they’ll actually eat everything so they have the nutrition they need to succeed in their day. Lunch should be a happy highlight to their school day. Every day. And the lunch planner helps me make sure that happens. Every day.
It’s easy to make the nostalgic lunch favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwich even more fun with a smiley face. Jif Creamy Peanut Butter is my favorite, so that’s what we always have in our home, but Jif makes Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter, too, for you nutty folks. My kids’ favorite jam is Smucker’s Strawberry Jam, but Smucker’s also comes in Grape and Blackberry. Together they help my kids power their day at school. Right now until August 20th, you can save $1.00 at Dollar General when you buy one Jif Peanut Butter and one Smucker’s Fruit Spread.
To impress your kids with a smiley face peanut butter and jelly sandwich:
- Simply place about 2 tablespoons of jam in a plastic sandwich
- Snip a small portion of one corner off
- Spread peanut butter on a slice of bread
- Squeeze the jam onto the peanut butter
- Make a smiley face design
- Write your child’s name
- Make an emoji
- Serve the sandwich and watch the excitement
It’s always a fun shopping trip when I head to Dollar General. I get to take a ferry. Pretty cool, huh? I think so.
I found both Jif peanut butter and Smucker’s jam in the jar food aisle of Dollar General.
Print out your copy of the Back-to-School Lunch Box Planner and plan your child’s favorite lunches for the each month of the year. And be sure to grab your coupon now to save on Jif Peanut Butter and Smucker’s Fruit Spread at Dollar General.