This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScrubMyWay #TeamSponge #CollectiveBias
This time of year is all about organization and spring cleaning in my home (but then to be honest, most of the year is about organizing and cleaning around my home.) The kitchen is the heart of the home and so keeping the kitchen organized and clean is a priority to me. Having a dish cleaning caddy handy makes all the difference in keeping my kitchen clean and organized, I had fun finding three different and super easy ways to decorate my cleaning caddy tote and all of them cost under $5.
The best thing about having an organized dish cleaning caddy tote is that it makes easy for everyone in the family to help out in cleaning up dishes. Yea!! When all the dish cleaning tools and supplies are right there readily available, there are no excuses for not being able to find (or put away) things.
And if we’re going to get organized, we might as well make it pretty, of course. I can’t decide which of these three designs I like better. All three of them took me four minutes or less to create. Really.
Dish Cleaning Caddy Tote
Start with a caddy that will hold all the supplies you want to have available. I found it easiest to first gather my supplies and then find the perfect tote. You can find caddy totes for $3 to $5 in a variety of colors and shapes to match your decor.
Supplies to Consider for your Dish Cleaning Caddy Tote:
- Dish Soap
- Dishwasher Detergent
- Rubber Gloves
- Dish Sponges – I prefer Scotch-Brite™ Brand Scrub Sponges for cleaning dishes and pots and pans. I prefer sponges because they are more substantial for cleaning and Scotch-Brite Brand gives you the soft sponge side, plus the scrubby non-scratch or heavy duty side all in one. Yes, I am #TeamSponge all the way!
Dish Cleaning Caddy Tote
Four minutes to less to make your own pretty cleaning caddy tote. Really.
You’ll need your choice of:
- A caddy or tote
- Adhesive scrapbooking letters
- A decorative headband
- Washi Tape
Dish Cleaning Caddy Tote in 3 Easy Ways
If these three options weren’t so adorable, I’d be embarrassed at how easy they are to do. Look, one tote with three different looks and all took four minutes or less. Really. And all three are stinkin’ adorable!
The headband is my favorite. Look how pretty and cheerful it looks. Are you ready for this? It took about 8 seconds to create. It me longer to get the headband out of the excessive packaging than it did to add it to my caddy tote. Every time I look at this dish cleaning caddy tote I smile.
Wait! This one is my favorite. It took about 30 seconds to add washi tape to the caddy. This caddy has a ridge that made it very easy to keep the washi tape straight as I added it. I love how clean and modern it looks.
Okay, now wait. I think this one is really my favorite. Why is adding sparkling letters that spell out s-p-a-r-k-l-i-n-g on a dish cleaning caddy tote so doggone charming? I don’t know, but it is adorable.
My tips to make sure you can create this design in under four minutes are:
- Write out your word. Count out the letters and identify the center of your word.
- Find the center of your tote. The handle on my tote was in the center of the side, so that was an easy way to identify the center.
- Place your center letter or space in the center then add a letter on each side, alternating from the center out. No matter how amazing of a speller you are, keep referring back to your written out word (ask me how I know).
Place your dish cleaning supplies in your lovely new dish cleaning caddy tote and voila! Organized and adorable!
Everything you need is right there. No more digging around under the sink. No more grumbling. No more excuses for not doing the dishes.
I place my sponges on a small dish to keep my metal caddy from rusting. I want this pretty caddy to last for decades.
I keep two Scotch-Brite sponges in my dish cleaning caddy tote. Yes, I’m on #TeamSponge!
- The blue Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Sponge – The blue sponge is perfect for cleaning my dishes, bowls and glasses since it’s non-scratch. It’s also safe for non-stick cookware (that’s important so you don’t damage the non-stick surface). In addition to keeping my dishes clean without scratching, the blue sponge is great for cleaning counter tops and cook tops in the kitchen.
- The green Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge – I bust out the green sponge for those tough, baked-on messes. It removes baked-on messes 50% faster than other competitive sponges, so that means less time cleaning yucky messes and more time doing something I enjoy. It’s perfect for cleaning my pots and pans, oven racks, grill tools and the sink. Outside of the kitchen, I’m always using my green Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge to clean in the garage and on outdoor messes like the grill racks, tires, planters, outdoor furniture and tools.
Have you heard that I’m all in for #TeamSponge? I love that I can depend on the sponge side of Scotch-Brite Brand sponges for gentle clean up and the scrub side for tougher clean ups. I also love that the blue and green sponges are perfect for different levels of messes in my kitchen and home. Are you with me on #TeamSponge? If you are, be sure to enter the Scrubstakes and represent #TeamSponge!
If you pop over to Walmart, you can find all the supplies you need to make your own personalized dish cleaning caddy tote. You can also pick up both Scotch-Brite Scrub Sponges, the blue Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge and the green Heavy Duty Scrub Sponge. You’ll find them in the sponge aisle of the cleaning section of the store.
Tell me which is your favorite of these three dish cleaning caddy totes? I still can’t decide.