Part Two of How to make a DIY Happy Planner pocket folder.
This tutorial shows you how to make a decorative pocket folder to add to your Happy Planner.
- Cut the slope on the pocket (arrow #2).
- Fold the paper in half. I measured 3/4 of an inch for the top (arrow #1) and 2 inches for the side. Mark each of those measurements with a small pencil mark. Cut that slope between the two marks.
- As you measure where to cut, be sure to add 1/4 inch for the fold.
- Crease the slopped cut and glue it down.
- Wrap the pocket around the card stock.
- Use thin strips of double-stick tape to attach the bottom and sides of the pocket (but not the folded side).
- I simply cut a strip of regular double-stick tape in half to make it narrow enough.
- If you have a Happy Planner Punch, punch out the holes.
- If you don’t have the punch, lay a sheet of planner paper on top of your pocket folder and mark the holes lightly with a pencil.
- Use your hole punch and punch out the marks you’ve made.
- Then use scissors to cut from the edge of the paper to the hole.
Voila! Look how adorable this planner pocket folder is. And not only is it adorable, but it’s a beautiful organizing resource.
Are you as excited about these DIY Happy Planner pocket folders as I am? If you’re interested in making a DIY planner pocket folder that will fit into any sized planner, check out my tutorial on how to make your own pocket folder – Disc Bound Notebook DIY Pocket Folder.
Pin for later so you can always find this DIY Happy Planner pocket folder tutorial.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.