As the mother of three children who have gone to college, I’ve sent many care packages to college students over the years. I enjoy creating and sending creative care packages and am known for sending them to my nieces, nephews and friends’ children.
As a veteran, I’ve received and sent many care packages to service members in all types of situations.
As a result of all this experience, I’ve shared many of my favorite care package ideas for holidays, color-themed, seasonal ideas, special occasions and all my very best home care package ideas. Now I’m adding these free printable care package notes as a great idea to make your happy box care package even more special.
What makes these care package notes great?
- You can use them for any type of care package and for many gifts.
- You can download and print them right away if you don’t have a greeting card on hand.
- It’s a fun way to send care package messages to your loved one.
- These notes take a good care package and level it up to a great care package gift.
- You should always include care package cards to personalize the gift, but not everyone can include a long handwritten note.
- You can add a short note to the back of these printable note cards and it’s a great way to personalize the care package for both college kids and military members.
- Be sure to have all family members write a personal note to be included in the gift box.
- Everyone can write a quick note on the back of one of these printable tags
- Even young children can write “love you” and their name
- Have children draw pictures to include
What do you write in a care package card?
- How much you miss them
- Favorite shared memories of great times
- How proud you are of their hard work
- Anticipation of seeing them or talking to them
- Send a joke or funny story
- Send your love
- A little bit of news from home
- Respond to their stories
- Words of support for their specific situation
- Activities from your town or area
Free Care Package Notes
This free printable pdf includes 3 pages of care package tags, 12 cards, and 1 page of blank cards, 4 different styles, for you to personalize. There are 16 total printable care package cards.
You can add one per gift box or add a note card to individual items in the gift box.
Frequently Asked Questions about Care Packages
What do you put in a college care package?
- Items to bring a smile
- Nostalgic favorite treats
- Favorite snacks and candies
- Something for a sweet tooth
- Include healthy food snacks
- Be sure to include snacks with protein
- Game items to interact with roommates and new friends
- Card games
- Frisbee or hacky sack
- Board game
- Stress relief items
- Coloring book
- Self care items
- Themed gifts are fun
- A movie night gift box with things like microwave popcorn
- I’ve shared many different themed care package ideas
- Always add a personal note
- Practical items that are needed
- Items that save time in the day or in not having to go shopping for it
- Homemade baked goods
- Personal care items
- Razor blades
- Lip balm or lip gloss
- Bath bombs or bath salts
- Skincare products
- Gift cards for food or meal delivery
- Extra items that can be shared with roommates and friends
- You can find all my favorite ideas for what to put in a college care package
- Look for fun versions of the items you’re sending
If you’re not a baker, these are truly delicious cookies that are a great option (and that I eat (almost) every day!).
Keep in mind that most dorm rooms are very small without space for large items or lots of items. It’s best to choose:
- Expendable gift ideas, like food or personal care items
- Little things that don’t take up much space in small spaces
- Thoughtful gifts that can be shared and are a wonderful way to build friendships (and good relationships with roommates)
- Needed items, rather than random items
- School supplies, like pens and sticky notes
- Water bottle
- Gloves, scarf, hat
- Gift certificates or gift cards
What do you put in a college finals care package?
- Send small items since semester is almost over
- Gift cards for food delivery
- Thoughtful gifts are items that are their favorite
- Drink mixes, like hot cocoa
- Think of items for a final survival kit theme
- Items with caffeine
- Snack items
- Stress relief and self care items
- Lip balm
- Eye drops
- Cough drops
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the printable?
Get the free care package notes when you sign up for our free newsletter. You’ll promptly receive an email containing the free printable.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print this printable pdf as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
Resources for Creating and Using Your Printables
|Product Image||Product Name / Price||Primary Button|
Looking for more care package ideas?
College Care Package Ideas for Guys – 65+ ideas and tips for making college care packages for guys from a mom of 3, with suggestions for everyone, every interest and budget.
Food Care Packages – More than 25 of the best food care packages. Ideas in 3 food categories for college students, military members, family and friends.
Military Care Package Ideas for Deployed Women – Creative and fun ideas from a female veteran to create a military care package designed specifically for a woman. Many of these work for any military care package ideas for men or women.
Be sure to pin these free care package notes so that you can find them for all the care packages you’ll be sending in the future.
You can find all our best care package ideas in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.