Making college care packages are as much fun as receiving them. When each of my babies“headed off to college, I sent them frequent college care packages to show them in a concrete way that we missed them and were thinking of them (and to distract me a bit, from how much I missed them!). Since my two oldest babies are girls, I had lots of practice making college care packages for girls and women. Now that all my friends’ sons are heading off to college, I’ve been coming up with college care package ideas for guys, boys and men.
Care package ideas for guys are a bit different than putting together care packages for women. But the basic premise is the same – fun items that will help relieve stress and remind them in a concrete way that you are thinking of them. The rest of just takes plain fun and creativity to make these masculine care packages.
College Care Package Ideas for Guys
Affiliate links are provided for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The basic categories for a care package for guys (or anyone, really).
- Homemade Baked Goods – If you bake at all, whip up a batch of cookies or brownies. Your student won’t have access to homemade treats while away at college. He’s depending on you to provide them. My How to Package Brownies for Shipping tips are must read before you start packing. Some of my favorite cookie and brownie recipes that are perfect for shipping are:
- Late Night Munchy Snacks – When your student is up late studying, sometimes he’ll just want a salty snack to munch on. The kind you can keep tossing in your mouth and munch on while wading through piles of work. Some great choices are:
- Candy, Candy and Candy – We’re sending some better-for-you snack choices, but sending candy is a fun treat. Always. If you send individually wrapped candy, your student can share with roommates and friends.
- Think about the temperature outside for shipment. If it’s hot, don’t send candy that will melt.
- Send candy in resealable bags or containers. Your student doesn’t want to attract pests with an open bag of candy.
- Send candy that will be easy to share with roommates and friends.
- Novelty Candy
- Protein Snacks – Snacks that are high in protein are one of our better-for-you snack options. Some favorite choices are:
- Beef Jerky
- Nuts – Be sure to check nut and peanut allergies before sending any nut products.
- Peanut Butter
- Outdoor Toys – Your student will be spending plenty of time indoors studying. Send some fun toys that will encourage him to get outside and burn off steam. You can find inexpensive toys at the dollar store or discount store.
- Indoor Toys – Once the weather turns colder, your student will need to take a break from studying and goof off a bit. Look for silly toys that can be used indoors. Again, the dollar store or discount store is a great source. Also, look at party favors for inexpensive toys.
- Study Supplies – Include brightly colored office supplies like highlighters, pens, sticky notes and paper clamps.
- Electronic Cleaning Supplies – Include wipes that can be used to clean your students many electronics.
- Personal Note – Add an encouraging card or letter sharing how much your student is missed and how proud your are of him.
It’s also fun to send themed college care package ideas. Some popular themed care packages I’ve sent are:
Who do you know that would appreciate a college care package for boys? You’ll have as much fun putting the care package together as your student has receiving it.