The best 25 food care packages in three different categories. Whether you’re looking to send a care package to a college student, a deployed military member or to a friend, there’s something here for everyone.
If you choose to send a subscription box, it’s important to understand that you can most often purchase just one box and also stop the subscription when you’d like. Read the fine print to make sure, of course.
If you are sending a care package to deployed military members, most subscription boxes can be mailed to APO or FPO addresses. Again, be sure to check the fine print.
What do you put in a care package for college students?
College students will have limited cooking facilities and limited kitchen equipment. Choose very easy to make items.
College students also have limited food storage options, so individually packaged items are the best.
Food Options for College Care Packages
- Individually packaged snacks
- Individual microwaveable meals
- Individual drink mixes
- Healthy snacks
- Breakfast-on-the-go options
- Stress snacks
- Childhood favorites to make them smile
- Protein snacks
- Dried fruit
- Trail mix
Check out all my DIY college care package ideas.
What do you put in care packages for deployed troops?
Deployed troops are often sent to extremely hot environments so do not send food that will melt, like chocolate.
Food Options for Military Care Packages
- Beef jerky
- Dried fruit
- Hard candy
- Chewy candy
- Trail Mix
- Individually packaged single serve drink mixes to add to water
- Ramen noodles
- Protein Snacks
- Individually packaged peanut butter
- Hot Sauce
Food Care Packages
- Exotic Noods – Make the tradition college noodles exceptional with a box of 3-8 different flavors or styles of noodles from around the world.
- Organic Italian Pasta Club – Each box contains all the ingredients to make an easy-gourmet pasta recipe and experiment with your favorite ones. The past is made with organic stone-milled flour from Sicilian ancient grains.
- Blue Apron Meal Delivery – Each box contains all the ingredients you need to cook healthy meals at home. Choose from a variety of meal plans.
- Inspired Indian Cooking – Each box contains pre-measured spices and select pantry ingredients for a delicious, complete meal serving 4 – 5. The recipes can easily be adapted to vegetarian, vegan, and other diets.
- ChefTrunk – A monthly box that contains recipe ideas and tips, alog with 3 – 4 special chef tested ingredients to inspire and create your very own signature dishes! A bonus tool or gadget in each box!
- International Meals by Takeout Kit – A quarterly subscription box that feeds 4. You’ll learn the culinary history of the dish with easy to follow instructions to craft your delicious global-inspired meal. Suggestions for fresh add-ins and drink pairings are included to elevate your experience. Choose from 16 dishes such as: Pad Thai, Ramen and Indian Butter Masala.
- Seligo – Authentic Italian Experience – A monthly box that contains the main ingredients to create the experience of a proper Italian dinner, with authentic and artisanal products from Italy. Each box contains a fun gift.
You can choose to send a monthly snack box or choose to send a box just one time with most of these subscription boxes.
- Studifuel – Designed specifically with students in mind, each box contains 10-12 healthy, vegan, naturally sourced snacks. Options include vegetable crisps, fruit and oat bars, organic chocolates, vitamins, herbal teas and more.
- Elevate Snack Box – 12 different snacks in each box. Featuring snacks so delicious that you’ll forget they’re healthy. The perfect mis of crunchy veggie snacks, chocolate treats, nuts, real fruit, cookies and breakfast treats.
- Zestbox – Box containing at least 10 organic or non-GMO superfoods, motivational surprises and simple recipes. Food items may be selected from protein shakes, bars or snacks, quick cooking whole grains, quick cooking breakfast items and more.
- Num-Nums MunchBox – Each box focuses on curated hard-to-find and allergy conscious snacks. You choose the size box you’d like: 5 snacks, 10-12 snacks or 20-24 snack items.
- Stick in a Box – Each box contains a unique selection of gourmet jerky and beef sticks that can’t be found at the local convenience store. It’s the ideal gift for the person who enjoys jerky snacks.
- Little Red Kitchen Bake Shop – A gift box featuring handmade, small-batch cookies. Each box contains a dozen cookies or one 8″ cookie pie made with mainly organic ingredients.
- Jerky of the Month Club – Each box contains high quality craft and artisan jerky from around the U.S.A.
- Sugar Smart Box – Each box contains at least of the best low-carb, Keto & diabetic friendly snacks that taste great and are low in sugar and carbs!
- SnackSack – A box containing carefully curated snacks from 11-15 amazing brands. Your choice of a box from these categories: Classic, Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Workplace.
- The Keto Box – Each box has 10 or more keto-friendly treats. Treats may include on-the-go snacks, baking ingredients, condiments and sauces, and drinks. Also, exclusive monthly coupons for featured snacks are included to help with future affordable, low-carb snack options.
- Snack Bomb Store – Each box contains three bags of Snack Bombs. Snack Bombs treats are a powerhouse of plant-based superfoods to fuel the body and mind. The snacks are gluten free, high in protein and iron, sulphite & preservative free, made from Non-GMO ingredients and contain at least 50% organic ingredients.
- Jerky Snob – A box filled with healthy, artisan jerky from different jerky makers each month. Featuring jerky with no MSG, nitrates, nitrites, or high fructose corn syrup.
- Louisville Vegan Jerky of the Month – Each box contains high quality, and delicious, vegan jerky that is difficult to find in stores.
- Candy Care Box – 3 – 5 treats sent in each monthly box with the finest candy offerings from small-batch confectioners. Each box contains beautifully packaged candy sent with messages of hope.
- Candy Shop Box – A monthly box with 4-6 full-size carefully selected artisanal chocolates and sweets. Treats are chosen from confectioners and chocolatiers around the world.
- Classic Candy Box – Relive your childhood with a variety of hard-to-find classic candy from the 1900’s to the 1980’s. Each monthly box is filled with 1 lb – 1.5 lb of candy (containing at least 25 pieces) of chocolates, hard candies, chewy candies and anything in between.
- Lollies by Leah – A monthly subscription with themed boxes of 16 gourmet lollipops. Each sweet is a unique hand-poured, gourmet lollipops carefully chosen to match the theme.
- The Sweets Box – A monthly box of 9 -13 full-sized candy treats. Selections include classic favorites, brand new items you’ve never seen before and even some international items.
- Find 16 of the best candy subscription boxes that are perfect for care packages. You can order just one box or sign up for monthly deliveries.