You may not be surprised to learn that I think life is better when it’s organized. Life is more efficient and less stressful. It’s the same with Christmas decorations. Taking the time to organize your decorations will save you time season after season in the future. These free printable Christmas labels make it easy to organize your decorations now so you can enjoy that time savings in the future.
As a military family that moves every year or so, it’s important to me to keep my Christmas decorations organized. I’ve shared my tips on packing Christmas decorations to survive a military move and tips on how to store your decorations to survive a military move.
I’ve always labeled decoration storage tubs and boxes. In the past I’ve used masking tape and permanent markers and also my label maker. This year I created printable Christmas labels that will help provide that quick visual cue (oh, and they’re cute, too).
Reasons to Label Decoration Boxes
- You can easily find the exact decorations you want to unpack.
- You can easily repack decoration when you take them down. No more wondering which box items fit into (and pulling your hair out trying to figure it out).
- It’s easy for your family to help you unpack and pack away decorations.
- When you move, it’s easy to find your decoration boxes in the piles of moving boxes.
Free Printable Christmas Labels
Affiliate links are provided for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Shipping Label Sheet or Printer Paper
- 3 Ornaments Christmas Decorations Label
- 3 Trees Christmas Decorations Label
- Light Bulb Christmas Decorations Label
- Packing Tape – If you use printer paper for your label.
- Permanent Marker
Simply print out your label. Fill out the label with the contents of each box. I pack my decoration by which rooms I use them in. That makes it much easier when unpacking. If I only have a limited amount of decorating time, I choose a prioritized room and box that I can tackle in that amount of time. List specific special items and then general categories of items in each box. I always hang our family advent calendar on November 30th and that’s often before I have time to decorate the house. I can easily find the exact box that holds our advent calendar with no stress or wasted time thanks to labeling the box.
I created three different label designs. You can click on the name or the image of the label to download your own free copies.
How to use the designs.
- Choose the one(s) you like best.
- Use a different label for different categories of decorations.
- Use a different label for all the boxes in each different area of your home
You could use the 3 Ornaments Christmas Decorations Label for general Christmas decorations.
The 3 Trees Christmas Decorations Label could be used for tree decorations.
The Light Bulb Christmas Decorations Label is perfect for tree lights and outdoor lights.
Do you have any Christmas decoration organizing tips? Have fun with these free printable Christmas labels as you decorate and organize this year.