We all need a good challenge sometimes and an organized home challenge for 5 rooms in 5 weeks may be just what you need. If you have areas in your home that you need help decluttering and organizing, then this challenge is for you. Join a professional organizer and other like-minded people and let’s create an organized home together.
In addition to being a professional organizer, I’ve personally moved into more than 20 homes, of all sizes and and levels of amenities, so I truly understand the difficulties and challenges to creating an organized home. Learn more about my organizing philosophy.
Why join an organized home challenge?
- You just moved and haven’t entirely unpacked.
- You have had a life event that has caused an area of your home to get away from you.
- You’ve downsized and having difficulty making everything fit into the new space.
- You have been meaning to get to organizing, but just haven’t found the time or motivation.
- You’d love to hire a professional organizer, but just don’t have the budget or time.
Where do I start to organize my home?
Where you start is really up to you. Some professional organizers will recommend you start on an area that is bothering you the most and others will recommend starting on an area that you can tackle and score a success in a relatively short time period to build up your confidence.
As a professional organizer, I recommend you evaluate which area you want to tackle – what is most important to you?
Do you want to invest the time and energy to tackle a large project because it’s what’s bothering you most and will result in the biggest positive impact in your life?
Would you rather work on developing your organizing “muscle” and start with a smaller project where you can see quick results?
Sign up now so you don’t miss a single tip that will be shared in this 15 lesson challenge.
Organized Home Challenge
For the exact reason that many people don’t know exactly where to start, we took a survey of my readers and Facebook followers and asked what areas of their homes are their biggest organizing challenges.
The following were voted on as areas most needing help to create an organized home in the order of number of votes:
- Craft Room
So, buckle up and get ready to tackle five rooms in five weeks in our first ever organized home challenge! We’ll be starting on September 9th.
Each space has unique challenges, tips and tricks. Each space will be covered in a week with 3 blog posts, printables and videos. In general, you can expect each week to address:
- Assess your space, needs and items
- Declutter and categorize
- Organizing tips and ideas
- Repurposed organizing ideas that are free or very low cost
- My favorite organizing products for the area
Be sure to sign up for our email newsletter and join our Facebook group to join us in organizing 5 spaces in just 5 weeks!!!
If you’re eager and want to start on other areas of your home, be sure to check out the 31 Days of 10-minute Purging and Organizing tasks for decluttering your entire home.
- Craft Space
- How to Declutter Your Office
- How Long to Keep Documents
- Home Office Organization Ideas
I can’t wait to join you in creating an organized home room by room for the next five weeks.