Twix cookies are a mouth-watering combination of a popular candy bar and a cookie. This recipe will immediately become a family favorite and is a surefire way to impress guests.
I love to bake. Baking is my love language. I’m always looking for new cookie recipes and twists on old cookie recipes. These Twix cookies are as decadent as they are beautiful. If you’re a fan of the Twix bar, then you’ll be a huge fan of these cookies.
Are you familiar with Twix candy bars? They have a crunchy, butter cookie and gooey caramel in the center that is all covered with chocolate. Sounds like heaven, doesn’t it? These Twix cookies perfect capture all that deliciousness.
I make cookies for all sorts of occasions:
- My (slightly) Famous College Care Packages
- Gifts for Neighbors
- After-school Snacks
- Co-worker Treats
- Just Because I Had a Bad Day
I have a sweet tooth and am a fan of many different kinds of cookies. A few years ago I began making cookies using my favorite candy bars. They were such a big hit with my family that I continued creating and looking for more candy bar cookie recipes. Some of our favorites are:
- Candy Bar Cookies
- After Holiday Candy Bar Cookies
- Rolo Pretzel Surprise Cookies
- Snickers Surprise Cookies
- Pilgrim Hat Cookies
In addition to being delicious, cookies made with Twix bars and other candy bars can often be made inexpensively:
- Look for candy that’s on sale
- Use up Extra Halloween Candy
- Purchase Candy after Holidays
- Buy Candy in Bulk for Baking
In addition to making Twix cookies and other cookies with candy bars, I bake and craft with all kinds of candy:
- Mini Butterfinger Pies
- Candy Lei
- DIY Lei Made from Almost Anything
- Candy Wreath
- Easy Candy Acorns
- Candy Graduation Caps
- Guest Welcome Gift with Twix Bites
How to Make Twix Cookies
These Twix Cookies are a variation of the traditional thumbprint cookie. I’ve been making my grandmother’s old fashioned jam thumbprint cookies for years. I know she’d approve of the modern variation.
- 3 sticks of Butter - softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 squares of Chocolate Almond Bark - melted
- 1 jar of caramel
1. Cream butter and sugar together until smooth and fluffy.
2. Add the vanilla and mix.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and salt until well blended. Add to the butter mixture a little at a time, mixing betweeen each addition. Continue until the cookie dough is smooth and thick. Scrape down the sides of the mixer, and mix again.
4. Place the bowl of dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. Take the dough out of the refrigerator, and roll in Tablespoon size balls, and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet, and make an indentation in the middle of each cookie with your thumb (or finger if it's easier).
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cookies begin to turn
a golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven to wire rack to cool.
7. When the cookies are cool, melt the Chocolate in the microwave
in a shallow dish, on 10 second intervals until it's smooth.
8. Dip the bottom of the cookies in the chocolate, and place them on Parchment paper until the Chocolate sets, or hardens.
9. Place a teaspoonful of caramel in the center of each cookie.
10. Melt another square of chocolate, and place the melted chocolate in a squeeze bottle, or a pastry bag, and pipe/drizzle chocolate across the tops of the cookies.
11. ) Let the cookie cool completely to allow the chocolate to dry before serving.
Be sure to pin this recipe for later. You know you’ll be craving Twix cookies one day soon and you’ll want to easily be able to find the recipe!