This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PowerOfDots #CollectiveBias
The kitchen is the heart of the home. Keeping the kitchen organized keeps the rest of my life running smoothly and smoothly means less stress. With a busy family of five, organized, running smoothly and less stress means a happy mom. One of the top kitchen organizing bugaboos is the cabinet under the sink. It’s dark. It’s awkward. And inexplicably, the one item you need seems to always be hiding in the back of the cabinet. That means you end up on your stomach climbing into the cabinet to find what you need. Not a fun activity. These secrets to under kitchen sink storage are simple to implement today. Say good-bye to low crawling into the cabinet ever again.
Have you asked yourself “What can I store under my kitchen sink?” One of the challenges to this under-the-sink space is that we tend to shove everything we don’t know where to keep there. Add to that the awkwardness of the space and you have a big mess. But no more. Next time you open the organized cabinet under your kitchen sink you’re going to hear an angel choir sing.
Simple Secrets to Under Sink Storage
Declutter – Take everything out from under the sink. You may be surprised by what you find lurking in the dark recesses of the cabinet.
- Be ruthless in getting rid of everything that doesn’t have to be stored under the kitchen sink.
- Make every item earn it’s coveted spot under the sink. Only useful items you use frequently earn the right to stay here.
Everything Should Be Easy-to-Clean – It can be drippy and messy under the kitchen sink. Make life easier and neater by making sure everything under the kitchen sink is easy to wipe up and clean.
- Place a liner on the bottom of the cabinet that catches spills and is easy to wipe.
- Use plastic containers that are also easy-to-clean.
Make It Pretty – Making that dark awkward space pretty will encourage you to keep it neat and organized. Remember, we’re aiming for the angel choir singing cabinet.
- Use washi tape to easily decorate containers.
- Choose supplies in pretty colors and containers.
Containerize – No more laying on your stomach and climbing into the cabinet just to reach a cleaner.
- Make it easy to access anything you need, even from the deep recesses of the cabinet by putting it in containers that can be pulled out of the cabinet.
- Containers with built-in handles make it easy to pull containers out and lift them to the counter.
- Choose containers that fit into the space of your particular cabinet (and around pipes the garbage disposal and hoses).
Contain By Purpose – Create different containers for different purposes.
- Items will always be returned to the correct spot so you’ll always be able to find what you need.
- You can easily see what items need to be replaced.
- You can pull the container and supplies you need out when you need them and then put them away for a clean, clutter-free counter.
Multipurpose Cleaners – Reduce clutter by choosing cleaners that are multi-purpose. Store seldom-used cleaners in another location rather than shoved into the back of the cabinet.
The Right Tools – Choosing multi-purpose cleaning tools that really work reduces useless under-sink clutter.
I’ve been a big fan of Scotch-Brite™ Brand products for years and have not met a product that I don’t love. I’ve just discovered the Scotch-Brite® Scrub Dots sponges and they’re what have earned the valuable under-the-kitchen-sink space in my home.
- The Scrub Dots technology does the job fast, well, and rinses clean. Yea! Who else is for less time scrubbing and then being able to put away a clean sponge?
- The Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Dots Sponges are tough enough for baked-on messes.
- Perfect for pots, pans and heavy duty cookware.
- Great for cleaning tough jobs all around the house.
- The Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Sponges clean all cookware without scratching.
- They’re perfect for non-stick cookware, counter tops and cook tops.
- They work great for the bathroom and other household cleaning jobs.
- There’s even a Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots dishwand to make dish washing even faster. And the gunk rinses right off when you’re ready to put the dishwand away (happy mom smile!).
I found Scotch-Brite® Scrub Dot products in the sponge area of the cleaning aisle of my local Harris Teeter, Kroger and Kroger banner stores.
You can try the power of Scotch-Brite® Scrub Dots with a coupon for $1 off any two Scrub Dot items. The coupon is available until 12/31/17, so now is the time to get it.
Take Containers and Supplies Where You Need Them – Placing your cleaning supplies in containers that are organized by purpose, makes it easy to pull out everything you need and take it where it’s needed.
- No more multiple trips back to the depths of the back of the under-the-kitchen-sink cabinet.
- The containers also make it easy to return everything neatly back where they belong under-the-sink.
Are you as excited as I am about an organized kitchen? Start with these simple secrets to under kitchen sink storage and see what a difference it will make in the heart of your home. Be sure to check out all the inspiration and recipes from Scotch-Brite® Scrub Dots.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.