I enjoy giving small gifts to show family and friends that I’m thinking of them. Any holiday is a great reason to give a small gift. With two of my “babies” away at college, that’s another great reason for me to create small gift ideas. I found myself in a pinch last year with limited time, due to my basal cell carcinoma on lower eyelid surgery. Even though I was pinched for time, I still wanted to send my “babies” St. Patrick’s Day gifts. With so little time, I threw this cute DIY envelope gift bag together in just minutes. It’s easy to make with items you probably already have.
I’ve made other DIY envelope gift bags.
They’re a great solution for last minute gift ideas because they use items you already have in your home.
DIY Envelope Gift Bag for St. Patrick’s Day
Supplies Affiliate links are provided for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Envelopes – You can use any size, but I prefer the larger envelopes that come with cards.
- Rubber Stamp and Green Stamp Pad or Green Marker – To add a holiday message.
- Decorative Paper and Heart Paper Punch – To decorate the envelope.
- Hole Punch and Green Ribbon – To close the bag.
- Paper Cutter or Scissors
- Double Stick Tape – In case the envelope adhesive isn’t strong enough.
- Adhere the envelope flap closed with the adhesive on the flap or reinforced with double stick tape, if necessary.
- Cut the edge of the envelope off with a paper cutter or scissors to create a bag.
- Decorate the front of the envelope and add a holiday message.
- Punch two slits near the top of the envelope bag for the ribbon.
- Fill the DIY envelope gift bag with treats or small gifts.
- Thread the ribbon through the slits and tie shut.
You can make one of these DIY envelope gift bags in 5 to 10 minutes depending on how much decorating you do. Who do you know who would appreciate a St. Patrick’s Day surprise?