Originally published February 27, 2017 and updated March 1, 2021.
St. Patrick’s Day is a fun low-key holiday, and a St. Patrick’s Day Candy Treat makes it even more fun, especially for children. This St. Patrick’s Day treat can be made in minutes, is both a frugal and earth friendly project, and perfect for gift giving or as party favors.
When I was growing up, St. Patrick’s Day was not a big deal at all (of course, maybe that’s because I grew up in Hawai’i where there’s not a large Irish population). But as a mom to three kids, I enjoy coming up with easy St. Patrick’s Day Candy treats, crafts and gifts.
I pulled these little glass jars from my stash of recycled glass jars, but you could easily purchase Mason jars if you don’t have your own stash of recycled jars.
St. Patrick’s Day Candy Treat
How to Use These St. Patrick’s Day Candy Treats
- Party Favors – At a school party or home party. These treats look great decorating tables and can be given out as individual party favors.
- Neighbor Gifts – Share these gifts with neighbors. Leave them at the front door with a note. You can also use them as a St. Patrick’s Day twist on Booing your neighbors on Halloween.
- Coworker Gifts – Make one for each coworker, leave them on their desk as a fun surprise.
- For Your Child – If you make leprechaun traps, you can leave it next to the trap for your child to find. You can also leave it by their bedroom door or their seat at the breakfast table. Or-rrr as a surprise when they come home from school.
Small Glass Jars – I save small glass jars and repurpose them, but if you have young children, you could also use small plastic bottles or clear plastic cups.
Black and Gold or Silver Craft Vinyl – You can use paper and decoupage glue if you don’t have craft vinyl
Green-colored Candy – I stock up on candy at the after Christmas sales to save money
Simply cut a strip of black craft vinyl to make a belt. Cut a square of gold or silver craft vinyl for the belt buckle and add a smaller black square in the middle of the buckle. Fill your decorated jar with your favorite green-colored candy.
Voila! In less than three minutes and for just pennies, you have an easy St. Patrick’s Day Candy treat.
These decorated gift jars make a great little gift for someone special on St. Patty’s Day. They’re also perfect as party favors for your St. Patrick’s day bash. For a children’s St. Patrick’s Day party, you could use plastic jars in place of the glass ones for safety.
Do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in a big way, a little way or not at all? Thanks to this easy and frugal St. Patrick’s Day Candy treat, you can celebrate this year along with my family.
More St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
- St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun Hat Treat Cups
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt
- St. Patrick’s Day Bucket O’ Gold Candy
- Recipe for Almond Cookies
- Jolly Rancher Cocktail
- DIY Envelope Gift Bag for St. Patrick’s Day
- St. Patrick’s Day Treat Boxes
- Quick and Easy St. Patrick’s Day Snacks
Or, find all my festive St. Patrick’s Day crafts, decorations and recipes in the table below. You can scroll through the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.