Originally published December 9, 2014 and updated May 18, 2020.
What is an exam care package?
- A personal, encouraging note from you
- Favorite snacks
- Pampering items
- Fun items
- Items for convenience
- Favorite items from your hometown or state
- Games or items that can be shared with roommates and friends
There are amazing exam care packages you can purchase or you can choose to make your own finals care package. I share my favorite ideas for both options.
College Finals Care Package
I clearly remember college exam time from my college years. More recently, I’ve sent two daughters through college and the stress of college finals is still the same.
What is it like? Not enough healthy meals, lots of junk food and lots of caffeinated drinks. Not enough sleep and lots of stress. And even more stress. What a terrible combination.
A college finals care package is a concrete way to let your college student know that you are thinking of them. It’s a great opportunity to provide them with encouragement and a bit of distraction from the stress of the moment.
Homemade Finals Care Package Contents
I created an exam care package for my oldest daughter when she was taking her very first round of finals. The care pacakge contained:
- Protein-rich snacks
- Healthier snacks, like dried fruit and nuts
- Hard candy, lower calorie versions
Adding ribbons to some of the items make them a bit more special and festive.
- Small first aid kit
- Travel pack of tissues
- Warm, cuddly socks
- Fun nostalgic children’s toy
- Fun pencil or pen
- Low calorie drink mix
- Note of encouragement
Be sure to add some bright fun items for smiles, giggles and stress relief. A silly children’s toy is a must include item. When you’re super stressed out as a young adult, a fun, silly toy that brings back childhood memories is the perfect stress reliever.
Print out this cheerful tag and add it to a cloth gift bag that you can sew or a simple brown paper bag. Be sure to add a bright-colored ribbon to attach the tag to the brown paper sack. Every happy, thoughtful gesture is appreciated when you’re stressed out about taking finals.
College Finals Care Packages
- Freshman Fun Box – Each box contains 5-7 unique student-centered products including personal care items, items to helping with school, and everyday living goodies.
- College Delivery Club – Each box is curated to contain items you would pack: food, snacks, study supplies, laundry essentials, personal care products, and, of course, something just for fun!
- Your College K.I.T. – Each box contains exactly what a college student needs – snacks, toiletries, cleaning, beauty and school supplies and more. You can choose from two sizes of boxes, one contains 7-10 items and the other contains 10-15 items.
- LOLJerkey Box – A box containing great tasting craft beef jerky. Snacks that are minimally processed and preserved and contain less than 5 grams of sugar. You choose whether 1, 2, 3 or 6 bags of jerkey.
- Studifuel – Designed specifically with students in mind, each box contains 10-12 healthy, vegan, naturally sourced snacks. Options include vegetable crisps, fruit and oat bars, organic chocolates, vitamins, herbal teas and more.
- Sugar Smart Box – Each box contains at least of the best low-carb, Keto & diabetic friendly snacks that taste great and are low in sugar and carbs!
- SnackSack – A box containing carefully curated snacks from 11-15 amazing brands. Your choice of a box from these categories: Classic, Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Workplace.
- The Keto Box – Each box has 10 or more keto-friendly treats. Treats may include on-the-go snacks, baking ingredients, condiments and sauces, and drinks. Also, exclusive monthly coupons for featured snacks are included to help with future affordable, low-carb snack options.
- Elevate Snack Box – 12 different snacks in each box. Featuring snacks so delicious that you’ll forget they’re healthy. The perfect mis of crunchy veggie snacks, chocolate treats, nuts, real fruit, cookies and breakfast treats.
- Zestbox – Box containing at least 10 organic or non-GMO superfoods, motivational surprises and simple recipes. Food items may be selected from protein shakes, bars or snacks, quick cooking whole grains, quick cooking breakfast items and more.
- Num-Nums MunchBox – Each box focuses on curated hard-to-find and allergy conscious snacks. You choose the size box you’d like: 5 snacks, 10-12 snacks or 20-24 snack items.
Whether you choose to make your own care package or order one, you know that it will be greatly appreciated by your student. Pin for later so you can easily find these college finals care package ideas year after year.
Check out all my College Care Package Ideas.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.