Originally published September 9, 2020 and updated September 18, 2023.
Make Halloween even more engaging with these Halloween trivia questions for kids. Did you know that 9 billion kernels of candy corn are produced each year? This list of 70 kid-friendly Halloween questions, offering fun facts, educational facts and entertaining riddles are perfect for a trivia night or a party.
The questions range from simple enough for elementary school students to more challenging questions for teens and adults. You can print these 36 free question cards out with the answers on the back right away.
Halloween Trivia Questions
You may think you know everything about Halloween, but I see your future and you’ll be surprised by some of these questions.
The questions include traditional Halloween facts, ancient Celtic lore and even movie trivia questions associated with Halloween, like questions about Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin favorite.
For those who love Halloween, it’s fun to learn more about:
What are some Halloween trivia questions?
These free printable Halloween quiz question cards contain 36 different questions:
- Is a pumpkin a fruit or vegetable?
- In what country did jack o’lanterns originate?
- Traditionally what do people bob for at Halloween parties?
- What’s the most popular Halloween candy?
- Traditional round, orange pumpkins are native to what region?
- What is a group of witches called?
- All Hallow’s Eve is also called?
- What was Dracula’s real name?
- When did Trunk or Treat start?
- Pumpkins grow on a?
Download these free trivia questions cards for Halloween to read all 36 questions and answers.
How to Use These Question Cards
Print out these question cards with the answers on the back.
The answer cards are the next page after the questions, so you can print each two pages front and back. To make matching answer cards to the correct question cards, the pages are numbered 1a and 1b, 2a and 2b, and so on.
Print the pages out and the cut the cards out so you end up with 36 Halloween trivia question cards.
How to Print These Questions
Before you begin printing, be sure you know how to print duplex, or front to back, on your printer. These cards are designed to have the questions on one side and the corresponding answers on the back of the card. You need to know how your printer works to make that happen.
- Download these Halloween trivia questions cards by signing up for our free newsletter. You’ll gain access to these free Halloween Trivia cards via the email sent to your inbox.
- When you tap on the pdf in the email, the document will open.
- Right tap on the document and print directly to your printer.
- Or you can right tap, save the document to your computer and then print the pages when you’re ready.
- Because these questions are designed to be printed as cards, it’s best to print them out on heavier card stock paper. You can use regular printer paper, but card stock is a better option.
- You can also choose to laminate the cards, if you’d like to be able to use them over and over again.
How to use these Halloween trivia cards:
- At a Halloween party
- At a school Halloween party
- Include them in a lunch box every day of October
- Ask questions at the dinner table in October
- Include in a mailed Halloween card
- Ask the questions in the time before trick or treating with your own children (when children are having a hard time waiting)
- Ask as you hand out candy to trick-or-treating kids on Halloween night
- Attach one of the printed cards to each Halloween treat that you hand out
Fun Halloween Trivia Questions for Little Kids
Get ready to dig into the world of this favorite holiday with easy Halloween knowledge questions chosen specifically for little kids. These questions are simple, fun and full of not-so-scary facts!
Read the questions out loud and test your trivia knowledge.
Halloween Trivia for Older Kids and Teens
Celebrate Halloween with older kids and teens who appreciate questions that challenge their knowledge and more spooky Halloween themed questions.
Read the questions and try to answer them correctly
Halloween Trivia Games
There are great trivia games available for purchase that make it easy to play Halloween trivia during this spooky season.
Games focused on horror movies are always popular with older kids and adults.
More Printable Trivia Question Games
- Thanksgiving Trivia Questions – Make Thanksgiving fun and learn at the same time with these 36 free printable Thanksgiving trivia questions quiz cards.
- Holiday Trivia Questions – 48 free printable holiday trivia questions & answers cards & 12 extra questions for immediately play. Includes Christmas, Hanukkah & Kwanzaa questions, plus 23 idea starters to write your own trivia questions.
FAQs about Halloween Trivia for Kids
Halloween is a holiday celebrated on October 31st, where people dress up in costumes, go trick-or-treating, and participate in various spooky activities.
Here are some easy Halloween quiz questions for kids: 1. What is the most popular candy during Halloween? 2. What is the name of the holiday celebrated on October 31st? 3. What do people typically say when they knock on someone’s door on Halloween? 4. What vegetable is often carved and used as a Halloween decoration? 5. True or False: Witches are often associated with Halloween. 6. What is the name of the ghost in the movie “Casper”? 7. What is the name of the character who believes in the Great Pumpkin in the Peanuts comics? 8. True or False: Black cats are considered to be bad luck on Halloween. 9. What is the name of the town that the Addams Family lives in? 10. True or False: Candy corn is one of the most popular candies during Halloween.
Playing Halloween trivia with your kids can be a fun and educational activity. You can create your own trivia questions based on Halloween facts or use pre-made trivia question cards. You can also divide into teams and make it a competitive game. The team that answers the most questions correctly wins. Alternatively, you can take turns asking each other questions and see who gets the most right answers.
Here are some Halloween trivia questions and answers: 1. Q: What is the ancient Celtic festival that Halloween is believed to have originated from? A: Samhain. 2. Q: How many days are there in October? A: 31 days. 3. Q: What color is often associated with Halloween? A: Orange. 4. Q: What is the most popular costume for Halloween? A: Witch. 5. Q: What candy company is famous for its jelly beans? A: Jelly Belly Candy Company.
There are many ways to celebrate Halloween and get into the spirit. Some ideas include: – Dressing up in a costume. – Carving pumpkins. – Decorating your house with spooky decorations. – Watching scary movies. – Going to a haunted house. – Hosting a Halloween party. – Participating in a costume parade. – Going trick-or-treating.
Here are some ways to make Halloween trivia more fun: 1. Add a time limit for answering each question. 2. Incorporate interactive challenges or mini-games between trivia questions. 3. Use props or visual aids related to Halloween while asking the questions. 4. Offer prizes for correct answers. 5. Create a Halloween-themed trivia game board or playing cards.
Here are some fun trivia questions for Halloween: 1. Q: What is the name of the ghost in the movie “Ghostbusters”? A: Slimer. 2. Q: What is the name of the vampire who is the protagonist of the “Twilight” series? A: Edward Cullen. 3. Q: What is the name of the town where “The Nightmare Before Christmas” takes place? A: Halloween Town. 4. Q: What is the name of the villain in the “Friday the 13th” movie franchise? A: Jason Voorhees. 5. Q: What candy is shaped like a triangular piece of corn? A: Candy corn.
Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party or just want to have some family fun, these question cards are the perfect addition to any Halloween celebration to make it the best Halloween yet.
Get ready to put their knowledge to the test and see who knows the most about this spooktacular holiday!
Find all our Halloween games, activities, crafts and recipes in the table below. You can scroll through the table, click on a tutorial that interests you and then go directly to that article. You can also use the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to search for specific topics.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.