Yarn crafts for kids area surefire ways to keep kids busy, learning and having fun. These more than 60 projects include educational activities, art projects, jewelry projects and more. There’s definitely something for kids of all ages.
I love yarn crafts because they’re inexpensive and a great way to use up yarn scraps. They can usually be done with minimal equipment and often items you already have at home. They’re always one of the more popular craft ideas for kids.
Yarn crafts for kids are great for:
- Having fun
- Developing fine motor skills
- Educational activities that are fun
- Reinforcing learning for kinesthetic learners
- Following instructions
- Creating art for kids
How To Make Yarn Crafts with Kids
- Determine if you are:
- Looking to use up yarn scraps you already have
- Looking for yarn crafts for kids to match their interests
- Looking for educational yarn crafts
- Looking for an art for kids project
- Consider the child’s age and abilities in selecting the craft.
- Gather the supplies listed for the selected craft. Some projects require supplies in addition to the yarn.
- Set up a location for the child to work on the craft.
- Make your own craft along with your child and use the time for teaching and bonding.
- Plan to display or use the yarn craft right after it’s completed.
Yarn Crafts for Kids
To make it easier to find the exact yarn craft you’re looking for, I’ve divided them into categories. Most of these crafts are clearly for children, but some of them, while designed for adults are easy enough for children to do with some adult assistance.
- ABC Sewing Letter Craft
- Yarn Wrapped Planets for Fine Motor Skills
- Beginner Sewing Skills with a Paper Plate Heart
- Rainbow Spiderweb
- Glow-in-the-Dark Spiderweb
- Apple Craft to Develop Fine Motor Skills
- How to Create Sewing
- Earth Sewing Craft
- Earth Heart Sewing
Animals & Dolls
- Weaving Baby Turtles
- Paper Plate Jellyfish Craft
- Braided Yarn Dolls
- Woven Craft Stick Butterflies
- Glow-in-the-Dark Jellyfish
- Yarn Monsters
- Paper Plate Yarn Penguin
- Egg Carton Jellyfish
Bedroom & Decor
- Popsicle Holder
- Easy Cardboard Weaving
- Dream Catchers
- Yarn Doodles
- Ocean Craft
- Paper Plate Boat Craft
- St. Patrick’s Day
Pin for later so you always have yarn crafts for kids inspiration for you next kids’ activities time.