If you’re a fan of comic books and super heroes, then you’ll love this free superhero scavenger hunt. Each of the 4 game boards have different items to find. It’s a great reading activity, superhero party activity and movie watching game.
Who Are the Main Superheroes?
It depends on your criteria and your age. Some people prefer classic superheroes. Others prefer lesser-known superheroes or ones with unusual powers.
And of course, adults and children each have their own list of favorite superheroes.
Superheroes are mainly known from DC and Marvel comics and movies. But there are superheroes from other sources.
The most well-know superheroes are:
- Captain America
- The Hulk
- The Flash
- Green Lantern
- Black Panther
You’ll notice that when a new superhero movie is released, those superheroes gain a surge of popularity. Some of the recent movie related popular superheroes are:
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- The Avengers
- Fantastic Four
Superhero Scavenger Hunt
The scavenger hunt items are also general enough that you can use it with lesser-know superheroes or generic superheroes.
Occasions for a Superhero Scavenger Hunt
- Superhero birthday party game
- Rainy day activity
- Snow day activity
- To encourage outdoor play
- As a reading activity
- An “I’m bored” activity
- As a movie watching activity
How to Print the Scavenger Hunt
You can get your free copy of the 4-page Superhero Scavenger Hunt by signing up for our newsletter.
- Download the superhero scavenger hunt printable game boards.
- When the document opens, right click on the document and save it to your computer.
- Print the game boards out on computer paper or heavier card stock paper so that it will hold up better to enthusiastic scavenger hunt play.
- You can print out these game boards as many time as you like for your personal use.
- Consider laminating the game sheets so that you can use them again and again.
How to Use this Scavenger Hunt
Traditional Superhero Scavenger Hunt
- You can play the game in your yard or in a large room by hiding the superhero scavenger hunt items in the area.
- Set the boundaries of the game area and where the children can go in the yard or building.
- Establish if the children are playing as individuals or as teams.
- If you have children of different ages playing, consider pairing younger children with older children or an adult so that all the children can play.
- Establish if the players are required to find every item on the game board or if they are to find as many as they can in a set period of time.
Reading Superhero Scavenger Hunt
- You can encourage reading by having the child look for the scavenger hunt items as they read a comic book or superhero book.
- It’s a great way to increase word recognition.
- The scavenger hunt is a good reading activity to increase excitement about reading.
Superhero Movie Scavenger Hunt
- Have the players watch the show and mark the items on their game board as they see them.
- This version works best for older children that can balance watching the movie and watching for scavenger hunt items at the same time.
- This also works best when the players have already seen the movie one or more times. The first time you watch a superhero movie, you don’t want to be distracted.
More Scavenger Hunts
More Superhero Activities
- Superhero Games & Activities – coming soon
- Free Superhero Coloring Pages
- DIY Superhero Repurposed Blocks
- Upcycled Comic Book Can
- DIY Avenger Clipboard
- Upcycled Comic Book Clementine Crate
Be sure to pin so you can always find this free superhero scavenger hunt game.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.