Impress and have fun with this easy dyed egg hack. This trick makes even the least crafty person an Easter egg decorating wiz.
My family really gets into dyeing Easter eggs. Despite being a crafter, I am not very successful at dyeing Easter eggs. My children try to encourage me, “Oh, Mama. Those are….nice. You did a …. nice… job.” (I have…nice….kids). Last year I found my secret weapon for an easy dyed Easter egg design. Whew! finally after almost 20 years.
In the past, I’ve shared some of my family’s favorite dyed eggs:
- Dyed Easter Eggs from a Store-Bought Kit
- Dyed Egg Designs (Easy to Make)
- Meet the Dumpty Family Easter Eggs
This trick may be the very easiest of all our dyed Easter egg designs.
Easy Dyed Easter Egg Design
I’ve tried using a wax crayon to create designs. Ahhhgn. I’ve tried using rubber bands to create designs. One was great the other 12+ were ahhhhgn. My new secret weapon? Adhesive paper reinforcement rings.
Simply stick the reinforcements on the egg and dye the egg in store-bought dye. You can put them on the egg and then place the egg in the dye for white circles. Or you can dye the egg a light color, let it dry and then add the reinforcements and dye the egg a darker color.
Just use your fingernail to smooth the reinforcements down well. It couldn’t be easier. I’ve stocked up on the adhesive reinforcement rings this year and now I can’t wait to dye more eggs next week.
Celebrating Easter can be both easy and fun with these tips:
- DIY Easter Gifts – quick, easy, frugal and uses recycled items
- Easy Easter Craft for Kids – fun and uses recycled items
- Easy Frugal Easter Treats
- Last-Minute Felt Easter Basket
- Easter Basket Stuffers – fun to make for kids or with kids
- Easy DIY Bunny Wash – a cute decoration
- Laundry Scoop Craft for Easter – an adorable decoration using recycled items
- Easter Ideas and Recipes – more than 25 Easter crafts, tips and recipes
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.