The Happy Planner is known as a highly customizable planner that is easy to use and features bright, happy colors that inspire you to be and do your best every day.
The Essential Guide to The Happy Planner
The Happy Planner is made by the me & my Big Ideas company, also known as MAMBI. The Happy Planner is also known as:
- me & my Big ideas Happy Planner
- MAMBI Happy Planner
- Create 365 Happy Planner
How Does The Happy Planner Work?
The Happy Planner comes in both dated and undated styles and a variety of sizes.
The foundation of The Happy Planner is:
- A 12 or 18–month planner
- Divider tabs
- Calendar pages in monthly and weekly views
- The pages are bright, inspiring and filled with everything you need to plan a positive life
You can customize your planner by adding extension packs, inserts, stickers and accessories.
When you’re starting out with The Happy Planner, you might find one of the more than 20 different Happy Planner box kits a good place to start.
Pros of the Happy Planner
- Comes in a variety of functional layouts so you can choose the one that works best for you.
- High quality components so your planner holds up to a year+ worth of use.
- Comes in beautiful, inspirational designs.
- The disc binding makes it easily to truly customize the planner.
- You can remove and add pages, including your own pages or any piece of paper.
- You can purchase different size discs so you can easily upsize or downsize your planner.
- The Happy Planner is very affordable given the quality and flexibility of the system.
- There is an endless selection of accessories, stickers and more to personalize your planner to make it work perfectly for you.
- While you can add your own planner pages or any piece of paper, you will need to purchase the special paper punch.
- Some people find the pages slightly difficult to turn. I have never had this problem. It’s no more difficult to turn the pages than in a 3-ring binder or spiral binder.
- The pro point that there so very many accessories and stickers can be a con, if you have difficulty with budgeting and shopping.
Happy Planner Discs
Discs are the binding system that are the magic behind The Happy Planner. The Happy Planner discs hold the pages securely in place, but are designed so that pages can be removed and then placed back into the binding system again and again.
This means that it’s easy to add pages, remove pages and the best part of all – relocate pages!
The discs come in a variety of sizes materials and colors:
- Expander Discs – 1.75 inches
- Classic or Medium Discs – 1.25 inches
- Mini Discs – .75 inches
Some people feel that pages can be slightly difficult to turn with the disc system. I have not found it any more difficult to turn pages than in a spiral bound system.
Choosing metal Happy Planner discs can help the pages turn more easily if you find page turning to be an issue for you.
Happy Planner Styles
- 12 month
- 18 month
- 12-month Teacher Planners
- 12-month Student Planners
Happy Planner Layouts
There are a variety of Happy Planner layouts:
- Vertical with Lines
Happy Planner Themes
There are a large variety of themes and there often new ones added. You’re certain to find one (or two or three) that you fall in love with.
The Happy Planner teacher theme is popular with teachers for planning the academic school year.
Can You Refill a Happy Planner?
Yes. That’s one of the best things about The Happy Planner.
You can easily refill the planner and customize it. The disc binding allows you to add exactly the pages you want, remove pages you don’t need and move the pages around to create the planner that works perfectly for you.
What Is the Difference Between the Big Happy Planner and the Classic Happy Planner?
There are five sizes of Happy Planners.
- The Big Happy Planner – 8 1/2 by 11 inches
- The Classic Happy Planner – 7 by 9 1/4 inches
- The Mini Happy Planner – 4 5/8 by 7 inches
- The Skinny Classic Happy Planner -4.125 by 9.25 inches
- The Skinny Mini Happy Planner – 2.643 by 7 inches
Happy Planner Tip – You can easily determine the size of a Happy Planner by counting how many discs it has.
- The Big Happy Planner has 11 discs.
- The Classic Happy Planner has 9 discs.
- The Mini Happy planner has 7 discs.
How Do I Organize My Happy Planner?
Because the Happy Planner disc bound system allows you to move the planner components anywhere you want, you can organize your Happy Planner any way you want. Any. Way. You. Want.
This is one of the best features of The Happy Planner. It’s so easy to set up and rearrange your planner components any time you want. And you can even do it with just one hand.
I keep all 12 of the monthly views in my Happy Planner, but only keep the next 3 months of weekly views in my planner. I also remove weekly pages as soon as I’m done with them.
This helps keep my planner lighter and easier to carry around with me.
I like to use extra dividers and dashboards to organize my Happy Planner precisely to meet my organizational needs.
Where to Buy The Happy Planner
You can find The Happy Planner and all the Happy Planner accessories at:
- Hobby Lobby
- On Amazon
Happy Planner Inserts
You can find Happy Planner inserts in all different styles and designs.
I use these to do list inserts all the time to stay focused on both daily tasks and project steps.
You can also find inserts that work in The Happy Planner made by planner designers on Etsy or their own websites.
I’ve even created inserts that work perfectly in my own Happy Planner.
Happy Planner Accessories
- Happy Planner Covers – You can change out the cover as your style preferences change (or just because you’re in the mood for a new cover).
- Dashboards – They work like a bookmark and also a place to store sticky notes, reminders and more.
- Envelopes – Can be snapped into the discs of your Happy Planner to hold receipts, cards or any smaller items.
- Tabs – They snap into the discs and allow you to attach paper that you don’t want to punch holes in.
- Dividers – Beautiful versions of traditional notebook tabs or dividers.
- I shared a simple tutorial to make your own DIY Dividers for Happy Planners.
- Pocket Folders – Allow you to hold paper that you don’t want to place in the disc binding.
- I’ve got a simple tutorial for DIY Happy Planner Pocket Folders you can make yourself.
- Planner Companions and Extension Packs – Specialized and coordinated packs for your interests.
- Happy Planner Budget
- Undated 6-month Extension Pack
- Accessory Packs – Coordinated accessories to make your Happy Planner work better for you. Includes items such as:
- Pocket folder
- Pre-punched note paper
- Sticker sheet
- Sticky note pads
- Pre-punched plastic bookmark
- Sticky Notes – Designed to fit in the blocks of your weekly view and coordinated to go with Happy Planner colors and themes.
- Dashboard Stickers – A combo of stickers attached to a dashboard so they’re easy to keep in your Happy Planner.
- Washi Tape – MAMBI washi tapes coordinates with other Happy Planner themes and colors.
- Happy Planner Hole Punch – A hole punch that works perfectly with The Happy Planner discs.
- And more!
Happy Planner Stickers
- Productivity Stickers
- Decorative Stickers
- Functional Stickers
- Seasonal Stickers
- Sticker Packs
- Sticker Accessory Books
While stickers are not necessary in your Happy Planner (it’s already decorated and highly functional). Adding stickers personalize your planner and make it more inspirational for you.
Many people enjoy the creative outlet of adding stickers and embellishments to their Happy Planner. You can find may examples on Instagram and Pinterest to spark your creativity.
Free Happy Planner Resources
Pin for later so you can always find this Essential Guide to The Happy Planner resource for future reference. I’m off to check my Happy Planner and plan for tomorrow.