These 20+ Christmas games for families will create treasured family memories every holiday season. Included are free games, boards games and games for all ages and interests. Make the holiday season about more than just gifts, make it about family and friends.
Make it a family tradition to play games together throughout the holiday season. Games are a great way to distract restless children, have fun and spend time together as a family.
Many of these games also encourage learning and physical skill development.
You can find a game for every age and ability level. There are also ten free games listed. And several of the games can be downloaded and played right away.
Christmas Games for Families
Look for games that everyone in your family can play. You can team younger children up with an older child or adult to make it easier for them to play more complicated games.
- The Santa Claus Game – For children ages 3 and up. Can be played by 2 to 4 players. A fun Christmas board game for families.
- Reindeer Antler Ring Toss Game – For ages 3 and up. Players toss rings trying to hook them on inflatable reindeer antlers players wear on their heads.
- A Christmas Story Card Game – If you’re a fan of the A Christmas Story movie, you’ll love playing this game for players ages 8 and older.
- Nutcracker Bean Bag Toss – Large hanging game board with 4 different sized holes for different skill levels.
- Christmas-opoly – A festive holiday board game for ages 8 and up.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Yahtzee Game – Custom dice with Nightmare Before Christmas characters.
- Christmas Bowling – Ten Christmas tree shaped pins and two red bowling balls.
- Pin the Nose on the Snowman – A fun Christmas game for ages 3 and older.
- Christmas Spoon Relay Race – A Christmas version of the egg on a spoon race.
Free Christmas Games
- Christmas Who Am I – Write names of different Christmas characters on paper. Tape the signs to each player’s back. Players have to ask questions of other players to determine who they are. The first player to figure out which Christmas character they are wins.
- Musical Christmas Chairs – Set chairs (one less than the number of players) in a circle. Start playing Christmas music. Players walk around the chair circle. When the music stops the players must find a seat to sit on. The player left standing is out of the game. Remove a chair and continue playing until there is one chair and the player in it wins.
- Christmas Candy Hunt – Hide candy or small gifts and have children hunt for them. They can keep the items they find.
- Christmas Tic Tac Toe – Play tic tac toe with red and green crayons or markers.
- Oven Mitt Snowman Drawing – Have players wear oven mitts and draw a snowman. The best and most detailed drawing wins.
- Winter Outfit Race – Have players race to put on snow boots, scarf, hat, coat and gloves on. Players must first put on gloves and then the next items. They must be buttoned, tied or zippered and put on correctly. The first player to dress up for winter is the winner.
Free Christmas Game Printables
These printable games can be downloaded and played immediately. It should take you about 5 minutes to print out and prepare the game for play.
- Christmas Charades – coming soon
- Christmas Memory Game
More Christmas Activities
- Christmas Word Search
- Homeless Care Package and Blessing Bags
- Best Family Christmas Movies
- DIY Christmas Candy Wrapper Craft
- DIY Wintery Jar Craft
Don’t forget to pin this Christmas games for families resource so you can find it every Christmas as your family and interests grow and change.
Check out all my Simple Christmas Ideas including planning and organizing, crafts and recipes.