Craft a Superhero Mask with Template
This post may contain affiliate links provided for your convenience. We earn commissions if you shop through the links on this page. I am also an Amazon Associate and earn from qualifying purchases Read my full disclosure policy.
Looking to craft a superhero mask? This simple tutorial and two free mask templates will help you create the perfect superhero paper masks for any occasion.
As the mom of three and a fan of superhero movies, there were many times that we made superhero masks. These mask templates sure make it easier to find creative ways to make the masks.
How do you make a superhero eye mask out of paper?
- Use the free templates below or create your own mask template.
- Trace the template onto card stock paper.
- Cut out the shape of the mask. Cut out the eye holes.
- Attach the mask to a stick or punch holes on the sides of the mask to attach a piece of elastic.
Craft a Superhero Mask
Ways to use these masks
- Party favors for a superhero party
- Paired with superhero capes as Halloween costumes
- As props for a birthday party photo booth
- To create a superhero costume for imaginative play
- As an activity when reading superhero themed books
- As little decorations for a table or wall at a superhero birthday party
You can make your own superhero masks with these free printable masks template and the easy tutorial. You can also purchase your own, if you prefer.
The images are clickable Amazon links.
How to make a superhero mask
- Free superhero mask templates – You gain access to the two free templates when you sign up for our free newsletter.
- Card stock paper in bright colors
- Glue stick or craft glue
- Thin dowel rods
- Use the template to cut out the Wonder Woman mask pieces in the appropriate colors.
- Glue the crown piece onto the mask base. Allow glue to dry.
- When the glue is set, glue the red star in place.
- Glue the dowel rod to one side of the mask.
- You can substitute popsicle sticks for the dowel rod
- Pipe cleaners can be used in place of the dowel rod
- You can also attach an elastic band by stapling elastic cords to the sides of the mask (outside edges).
Use the same steps to create the Green Lantern mask. You can also create any superhero mask you want by changing the colors and the symbol on the mask.
Creative ways to adapt the superhero mask craft
- Glue construction paper to cardboard. You can use cereal boxes to save money.
- Use craft foam instead of card stock paper.
- Trace the template onto a paper plate. Your little superhero can color it.
- Create felt superhero masks that will hold up longer to imaginative play.
- Make a fabric mask with a sewing machine or fabric glue.
Looking for more superhero activities?
Superhero Scavenger Hunt – A free 4-page superhero scavenger hunt you can download and print immediately. Works for all ages and as a fun activity in many situations.
Superhero Games and Activities – Collection of more than 50 superhero games and activities for kids and families. Includes coloring pages, crafts, indoor and outdoor games and more!
Free Superhero Coloring Pages – 16 free superhero coloring pages you can download immediately. Perfect for ages 3 and up.
Repurposed Superhero Blocks – A simple tutorial to make wood game blocks with your favorite superhero logo.
Superhero Memory Matching Game – Free superhero memory matching game cards with 5 different pages and a total of 60 different matching cards, including words and images.
Be sure to pin this craft for superhero masks template so you can find it anytime you need to make a new superhero mask.
See our favorite crafts and activities in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.