What can make the Christmas season even more festive? A Christmas Scavenger Hunt, of course! This free printable comes with both an indoor and outdoor scavenger hunt version. There are a total of 8 different Christmas scavenger hunt game cards, four for each version.
This printable Christmas Scavenger Hunt comes with a version for inside play and and outside version. Each set contains four different Christmas scavenger hunt cards.
What Are the Rules for a Scavenger Hunt?
- You can establish any rules that you like.
- Consider the age of the people playing.
- Consider the location of where you’re playing.
- Establish the boundaries of the playing location.
- A scavenger hunt can be played by individuals or teams.
- You can have players verify they found the item by taking a photo of it.
- You can also require that a judge verify that the item qualifies in real time while the game is being played.
- If the playing area is large, you can assign a judge with each player or team.
- You can require that all items on the scavenger hunt card be found to win.
- You can choose to have the player with the most found items win.
- You can choose to have players find all items in a row, column or diagonally similar to the game bingo.
- You can establish that one an item is found by one player or team, then that item is out of play. This requires players or teams to find a second or third similar item.
- You can establish a time limit for the game or let it run until the requirements for winning are met.
When to Play a Christmas Scavenger Hunt Game
- At a school Christmas party
- At a church Christmas party
- At a Christmas fair or fund raising activity
- On a snow day during the Christmas season
- For the kids at an office Christmas party
- At a neighborhood party
- At a large family party
- On a long drive during the Christmas season
- On Christmas Eve to keep kids distracted and engaged
- On Christmas day to keep kids busy and active
Christmas Scavenger Hunt
How to Use this Christmas Scavenger Hut Printable
- There are four game boards for indoor Christmas Scavenger Hunt play
- There are four game boards for outdoor scavenger hunt play.
- Each board is unique.
- Give each individual or team playing, their own Christmas Scavenger Hunt game card.
- Clearly establish the scavenger hunt game rules.
- Play and have lots of Christmas fun.
How to Print Out the Christmas Scavenger Hunt PDF
- Download the free Christmas Scavenger Hunt printable pdf.
- You can print the game cards on computer paper, but I prefer to use card stock paper because it holds up throughout the scavenger hunt better.
- If you’d like to be able to use the cards over and over again, you can easily laminate them with this affordable and easy-to-use laminator. You can read about how I use a lamintator to make daily routine cards for my children.
- Print the Christmas Scavenger Hunt game cards as many times as you’d like.
Additional Christmas Game and Activity Ideas
- Family Activity Advent Cards
- Mini Rustic Christmas Wreaths
- Handprint Christmas Wreath for Toddlers
- Christmas Noodle Ornament STEAM Activity
- Easy DIY Ornaments
- Christmas Trivia Game
- The Santa Clause Board Game
- Reindeer Antler Ring Toss
Be sure to pin for later so you can share these free Christmas Scavenger Hunt printable game cards with friends for find them when you need them for a party or get-together.