What can make the Christmas season even more festive? A Christmas Scavenger Hunt, of course! This free printable comes with both an indoor and outdoor scavenger hunt version. There are a total of 8 different Christmas scavenger hunt game cards, four for each version.
What Are the Rules for a Scavenger Hunt?
- You can establish any rules that you like.
- Consider the age of the people playing.
- Consider the location of where you’re playing.
- Establish the boundaries of the playing location.
- A scavenger hunt can be played by individuals or teams.
- You can have players verify they found the item by taking a photo of it.
- You can also require that a judge verify that the item qualifies in real time while the game is being played.
- If the playing area is large, you can assign a judge with each player or team.
- You can require that all items on the scavenger hunt card be found to win.
- You can choose to have the player with the most found items win.
- You can choose to have players find all items in a row, column or diagonally similar to the game bingo.
- You can establish that one an item is found by one player or team, then that item is out of play. This requires players or teams to find a second or third similar item.
- You can establish a time limit for the game or let it run until the requirements for winning are met.
When to Play a Christmas Scavenger Hunt Game
- At a school Christmas party
- At a church Christmas party
- At a Christmas fair or fund raising activity
- On a snow day during the Christmas season
- For the kids at an office Christmas party
- At a neighborhood party
- At a large family party
- On a long drive during the Christmas season
- On Christmas Eve to keep kids distracted and engaged
- On Christmas day to keep kids busy and active
Christmas Scavenger Hunt
How to Use this Christmas Scavenger Hut Printable
- There are four game boards for indoor Christmas Scavenger Hunt play
- There are four game boards for outdoor scavenger hunt play.
- Each board is unique.
- Give each individual or team playing, their own Christmas Scavenger Hunt game card.
- Clearly establish the scavenger hunt game rules.
- Play and have lots of Christmas fun.
How to Print Out the Christmas Scavenger Hunt PDF
- To get the free Christmas Scavenger Hunt printable pdf simply sign up for our free weekly newsletter. You’ll promptly receive an email with the scavenger hunt pdf so you can start the Christmas fun right away.
- You can print the game cards on computer paper, but I prefer to use card stock paper because it holds up throughout the scavenger hunt better.
- If you’d like to be able to use the cards over and over again, you can easily laminate them with this affordable and easy-to-use laminator. You can read about how I use a lamintator to make daily routine cards for my children.
- Print the Christmas Scavenger Hunt game cards as many times as you’d like.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free scavenger hunt?
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
Additional Christmas Game and Activity Ideas
- Family Activity Advent Cards
- Mini Rustic Christmas Wreaths – These mini rustic Christmas wreaths are easy to make in 15 minutes. They’re perfect as tree, package or gift decorations. Great kids’ activity craft.
- Handprint Christmas Wreath for Toddlers
- Christmas Noodle Ornament STEAM Activity
- Easy DIY Ornaments – Make these easy DIY ornaments in minutes. This easy Sharpie dot ornament is a sophisticated look that you can easily create as a fun family activity.
- Christmas Trivia Game
- The Santa Clause Board Game
- Reindeer Antler Ring Toss
- Christmas Craft for Kids – Rudolph Puppets – A Christmas craft for kids to go with the nostalgic Rudolph movie. Free template to make 8 favorite characters as puppets or decorations.
- Free Santa Letterhead Printables – Add a dash more magic to your child’s Christmas with these 3 free Santa letterhead printables that create treasured Christmas memories.
- I Spy Christmas Printable – Spread holiday cheer with this free 5-page I Spy Christmas printable game – a fun activity perfect for all ages. Answer key is included.
- Free Christmas Charades Printable – 18 free printable Christmas charades cards and additional ideas perfect for holiday gatherings and a family Christmas time tradition.
- Free Paper Placemats Christmas Printable – Have fun at your next Christmas meal or holiday party with these free paper placemats Christmas printable activity and coloring sheets.
Be sure to pin for later so you can share these free Christmas Scavenger Hunt printable game cards with friends for find them when you need them for a party or get-together.
See all my most festive Christmas ideas, printables and recipes in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.