Add to the excitement of Christmas with this free 4-page Christmas word search. Word search activities a brain building activity so fun that it’s not work at all.
It’s a great idea to have a collection of activities for children around the holidays. You can use the activities, like these Christmas word search pages:
- To distract children while they’re impatiently waiting any number of times during the holiday season
- On a rainy or snow day
- At a Christmas party
- As a classroom activity
- As a homeschooling activity
- On a long car ride
- At a family or neighborhood get together
More Christmas printable activities:
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt
- Hallmark Christmas Movie Scavenger Hunt
- Free Christmas Printables
- Reading Challenge for the Holidays
Most children enjoy the challenge of searching and the thrill of finding words in a word search game in similarly to the excitement of a scavenger hunt.
Word search games also have many educational benefits:
- Learning to recognizing words
- Building vocabulary
- Recognizing patterns
- Developing spelling skills
- Learning to differentiate between similar words or letter patterns
- Developing problem solving and reasoning strategies
- Experiencing feelings of success in finding words and in completing the word search
- And best of all, having fun doing it!
Christmas Word Search
Three pages contain general Christmas words and the fourth page contains words in accordance with the religious meaning of Christmas. This word search contains the following words:
- Elf Bow
How to Print the Christmas Word Search
- Click on this link for the free Christmas word search.
- Right click on the scavenger hunt template document.
- Save the pdf to your computer or print directly with the “print” option.
- Print the word search sheets on your home printer.
- Or you can choose to print the template at your local office store or printer.
- You can print the game boards on regular computer paper or, as I prefer, print them on heavier card stock paper. Using heavier paper allows the game boards to hold up better to enthusiastic and energetic word hunters.
If you like word search activities, here are more free word search resources for you:
Be sure to pin this Christmas Word Search so you can find it year after year to add to your Christmas activities.
More Simple Christmas Ideas including organizing, planning, printables, crafts, decorating, gifts and recipes.