Wondering what to do when everyone is stuck at home? This free Snow Day Memory Matching Game can be downloaded immediately and you can start playing in just minutes.
While the kids may be thrilled with a snow day at home, they can easily get restless and bored. Keep them occupied, learning and happy with a snow day game that works for children ages three and up.
Playing a game is always fun and smart parents, grandparents and babysitters find a way to encourage learning while also having fun.
What are the benefits of memory games?
- Improving concentration
- Developing visual recognition and memory
- Develops spatial understanding and memory
- Developing the skill of paying attention to details
- Increasing short-term memory
- Developing the skill of distinguishing similarities and differences in images or objects
- Developing patience and turn-taking skills
- Building social skills
- Improves fine and gross motor skills in reaching for and then turning over game cards
Snow Day Memory Matching Game
The game cards contain snow day related images.
- snowman – 3 different designs
- snowflake – 3 different designs
- ice skate
- scarf – 2 different designs
- children sledding
- snow boots – 2 different styles
- winter landscape – 2 styles
- colorful cookies
- colorful books
- child throwing snowball
- winter hat – 3 different styles
- house covered in snow
- snow globe
- snow covered tree
- ear muffs
- mug of cocoa – 2 different styles
- child holding snowball
- cherry pie
- pair of socks
- snow shovel
- red sled
How to Print the Snow Day Matching Game
You can download and print this snow day game immediately. It will take you less than 5 minutes to print and set up your first round of the game.
- To download your copy of the Snow Day Memory Matching Game, simply sign up for our free newsletter.
- You can choose to either immediately print the game cards or
- You can can save the document to your computer and then print the cards
- You can print the printable snow day memory matching game on regular computer day, but I recommend you use heavier card stock paper. Heavier paper will create game cards that will last for a longer time through more rounds of games.
How to Play the Memory Matching Game
- There are two copies of each card set. This allows you to play a game with as many cards as you’d like. You can play with 8 cards (4 pairs) or as many as 72 cards (36 pairs). You can also choose levels of play in between. It’s your choice.
- In deciding how many cards to play with, consider the children’s ages and abilities.
- Also consider how much time you have for the game.
- Be sure that you print out two of each card set so that you have pairs to search for in your game.
- Cut the cards out.
- Shuffle the cards and then lay them out in a grid pattern with the images face down.
- One unique page of game cards (two total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 6 by 4.
- Two unique pages of game cards (four total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 8 by 6.
- Three unique pages of game cards (six total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 9 by 8.
- One player starts, usually the youngest, and turns two cards over. If the cards match, the player removes the matching cards. If the cards don’t match, the player turns them back over so the images are facing down.
- Players take turns looking for matches by turning two cards over.
- The winner is the player with the most pairs.
More Snow Day Activities
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt – When you’re trapped inside due to snow, keep the kids happy and having fun.
- Dr. Seuss Book Scavenger Hunt – If you have fans of Dr. Seuss, use this game to search for items related to the popular stories.
- How to Make Snow Ice Cream – A simple recipe to make ice cream from all that snow that is outside.
- Snowman Coloring Pages – Perfect for anyone who enjoys coloring sheets.
- Build a Snowman Printable – A fun activity involving practicing scissor skills and creativty.
- 14 Snow Day Activities – Many more activities to keep the kids busy and mom sane.
More Memory Matching Games
- Ocean Animal Memory Matching Game – 36 free printable ocean animal memory matching game cards you can download immediately. Encourages both learning, memory and fun.
- Superhero Memory Matching Game – Have fun and build memory skills with a superhero theme.
- Farm Animal Memory Matching Game – A free farm animal memory matching game with 36 unique card pairs of images and words that you can download immediately for learning and fun.
- Christmas Memory Matching Game – Design the game as you’d like and create fun traditions & memories.
- Free Wild Animal Matching Game – Printable animal matching game with 36 unique pairs of wild animal memory matching game cards.
Don’t forget to pin this free Snow Day Memory Matching Game printable so that you can find it every winter and every single snow day.
Find all our best kids’ activities, games, and printables in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.