You choose how many pairs of cards to play with so you can tailor the game to meet your specific needs.
You can download this ocean animal matching printable and print the game cards immediately. You can be playing a fun game that is perfect for children three years and up in just minutes.
Ocean Animal Memory Matching Game
This sea animal memory game includes images of:
- Star Fish
- Sea Horse
- Red Octopus
- Sword Fish
- Oyster with Pearl
- Sea Otter
- 11 Different Fish
- Marlin Fish
- Manta Ray
- Pink Puffer Fish
- Jelly Fish
- Killer Whale
- Orange Octopus
How to Print the Ocean Animal Memory Game
You’ll find the free printable Ocean Animal Memory Game farther down in the article below the double blue lines.
- To print your own free copy of the Ocean Animal Memory Game, click on the link in the Resource Library.
- When the game cards pdf opens up, right click on the pdf and choose either “print” to print immediately or “Save As” to save the document to your computer.
- I recommend printing the game cards on heavier card stock paper so that they will last through many rounds of game play.
- You can also easily laminate the game cards to make them last even longer.
How to Play the Ocean Animal Memory Matching Game
There are three different pages of cards, for a total of 36 different images. There are two copies of each page for a total of 6 pages and 72 total cards.
The game is flexible so you can play the ocean animal memory matching game any way you want. You can easily adapt the game for different ages and attention spans.
- Play with one page of image cards for a total of 12 different images and 24 game cards.
- Play with two different pages of image game cards for a total of 24 unique images and a total of 48 game cards.
- You can play with all three pages which will give you 36 different pairs of cards with a total of 72 cards.
- Make sure to print 2 copies of each page of cards that you choose. Each different page has a different image with the title to make it easy to keep track of each different sheet.
Once you print out the pages of cards, cut the game cards out separately.
Shuffle the ocean animal matching game cards that you choose to play with well. Then lay them out in a grid pattern, with the images face down.
- One unique page of game cards (two total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 6 by 4.
- Two unique pages of game cards (four total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 8 by 6.
- Three unique pages of game cards (six total sheets) should be laid out in a grid of 9 by 8.
The goal of the game is to turn over two cards with matching images.
- The youngest player goes first and turns two cards over face up.
- The goal is to match cards with the exact same images.
- If the cards match, the player removes the pair and places it next to them. The player then takes another turn attempting to match two cards.
- If the cards don’t match, the player turns the cards back over with the images down, keeping the cards in the same location.
- Then the next player turns over two cards attempting to match cards.
- Players continue taking turns until all the cards are matched.
- Players should pay attention to each card that is turned over and remember the location so that they can create matching pairs from memory.
- The player with the most matched pairs wins.
More Ocean Animal Games and Beach Activities
- Beach Scavenger Hunt – Can be played as a bingo game, too
- Free Summer Word Search – This free 5-page summer word search printable is a fun way to learn for kids and adults. Includes 41 summer themed words & an answer key.
- Ocean Bingo
- Ocean Coloring Pages
- Beach Coloring Pages
- Seashell Coloring Pages
- Shark Coloring Pages
- Seashell Tic Tac Toe
More Memory Matching Games
- Christmas Matching Game – 96 different free printable Christmas Memory Matching Game cards.
- Superhero Matching Game – 60 different matching cards, including words and images.
- Farm Animal Matching Game – 36 unique card pairs of farm animal images and words
- Snow Day Memory Matching Game – Keep the kids busy having fun and learning with 36 unique free Snow Day Memory Matching Game cards.
- Free Wild Animal Matching Game – Printable animal matching game with 36 unique pairs of wild animal memory matching game cards
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the free matching game?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolve any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print these pdf files as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. Please do not share the file with family, friends or coworkers. Please do share the link to this post so they can access their own copy of the printable. All printables are copyrighted.
Be sure to pin this printable Ocean Animal Memory Matching Game so you can always find this free resource when you need it.Find all our best kids’ activities, games, and printables in the table below. You can scroll through the table and click on an idea that interests you or use the magnifying glass in the upper right corner to search for a specific topic.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.