Looking for a unique gift for mom for a special occasion? This collection of 42 gift ideas includes DIY gift ideas, subscription boxes and gift box ideas. There’s something for every interest, every budget and crafting skill level.
When you’re looking for unique gift ideas for your mom, a comprehensive gift guide is your best resources.
Whether the gift is for Mother’s Day, your mother’s birthday, Christmas or any special occasion, you’ll find something here for your mom.
This gift guide for mothers is updated frequently and contains gift ideas such as:
- Subscription Boxes for Mom
- Gift Boxes for Mothers
- DIY Gifts for Mom
- Gifts for Grandmothers
Unique Gifts for Mom
Subscription Box and Gift Box for Mom
Subscription boxes can be given as a one-time gift box or as an on-going monthly or quarterly gift subscription. You choose which subscription box for mom works best for your mom and your budget.
Fun Gifts for Mom
- TheraBox – A box mindfully curated by therapists to reduce stress and increase joy. Each one contains a research inspired therapeutic activity to wire your brain for more joy and 6 to 8 self-care wellness goodies to reduce stress & enhance your life.
- Knit-Wise – No experience is required for this monthly box. Each box contains all the items you need, materials, tools and instructions, for one project for.The Knit-Wise Beginner Box helps you learn how to knit or crochet with one project in each box.
The Knit-Wise Monthly Box contains everything you need to make one knitting project.
- FabFitFun – A quarterly subscription box valued at over 6 times the cost of the box. It features the best women’s lifestyle products with 8-10 full-sized beauty products, wellness items, fitness gear, and home goods in every box.
- Escape Crate – A bi-monthly box filled with different themed mysteries and puzzles to solve.
- Glamour Jewelry – A monthly jewelry subscription box featuring 3 trendy jewelry pieces valued at $75 or more.
- Boxy Mama – Each box is filled with 5 – 7+ goodies to help bring extra fun & joy to motherhood. Items include self care items, products to help with cleaning, organization, and stress as well as remind Momma she is amazing.
- Mom Things – A box delivered every other month to make mom feel pampered. Each box is filled with at least 5 high fabulous products.
Pampering Gifts for Mom
- Go Love Yourself Box – A box sharing self-help and self-care for the real world. Includes a personal growth book, resources such as workbooks, journals or webinars, 3-5 self-care items and access to the online community and one-on-one coaching.
- Mind Wander – Boxes are curated by a Ph.D. therapist for women’s mental health. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy workbooks contain exercises for decreasing anxiety and stress, in addition to increasing positivity. Boxes also include self-care items, such as luxury bath and body products, journals and notebooks, pens, tea, snacks, and more.
- Feeling Fab – A monthly box with 6 – 9 clean, beautiful products to help you take care of yourself and establish your daily me-time. As seen on Forbes, HuffPost, BuzzFeed
- Bubbles & Books – A monthly box that contains your choice of a romance book or a mystery & thrillers book plus pampering bath products.
- Hygge Box – A monthly box centered on the Danish concept of hygge or coziness and happiness. Each box includes items from around the world such as candles, fairy lights, tea, hot cocoa, coffee, biscuits, chocolate and more.
Gift for Moms Who Love to Read
- Book of the Month – Receive a newly released hardcover book that you choose from one of five featured titles each month.
- Once Upon a Book Club – Each box contains a newly released book and 3-5 wrapped gifts that are labeled with page numbers. As you read, you’ll be directed to open the gifts and bring the book to life.
- Feminist Book Club – A monthly box for progressive women that provides tools, resources, and opportunities to connect and give back while challenging you to dismantle systems of oppression.
- Peace and Pages – Each box contains A paperback book and unique relaxation items from small businesses in the US.
- Books and Treasures – The “Just a Book” box contains one gently used, like new book and a handmade bookmark. You can choose your genre or be surprised. The “Books and Treasures” box contains a gently used, like new book from your selected genre, a handmade bookmark, tea and more handmade gifts.
Tea & Coffee Gifts for Mom
- Single Cup Club – Each box contains 15 artisan
K-cups® coffees to try along with a details description of the coffee and sponsored roaster included.
- Simple Loose Leaf Tea – A monthly box of four carefully selected unique teas that explore the different varieties of loose leaf tea.
- Brothers Coffee Company – Each box contains freshly roasted coffee from a new roaster that is carefully selected to ensure that it is delicious, ethically sourced.
- Puppy Paws & Coffee – Each box contains a fresh roasted bag of our coffee of the month and a treat for your pet. 50% of profits are donated to animal rescue organizations.
- Literary Tea Co. – Each month your box will contain a new release book and six limited edition teas in the gorgeous Book Boxes, that will be created especially for the chosen book.
DIY Gifts for Mom
These are all simple and frugal gifts. Many are beginner skill level crafts.
Super Simple DIY Gifts for Mom
- Upcycled Cup Sleeve – under $2 – 5 minutes – An earth-friendly gift for coffee lovers. Perfect to accompany a coffee gift card.
- Decorated Flip Flops – under $5 – 30 minutes – A great gift in a foot care gift basket.
- Easy DIY Notepad – under $1 – 15 minutes – Make these cute gifts as a personalized practical gift or to add to a gift basket.
- Repurposed Cocoa Cans – under $1 – 20 minutes active time – Sophisticated and earth-friendly organizing decor.
- Easy Repurposed Jar Vase – under $1 – 10 minutes – An earth-friendly gift that is charming when filled with fresh flowers.
- Stencil Glitter Decorated Flower Pot – under $1 – 20 minutes – A cute gift that is perfect to go with a plant.
- Easy Sharpie Dot Mug – under $2 – 30 minutes – Personalize to make the perfect gift.
- DIY Personalized Gift – under $1 – 20 minutes – A personalized gift that is lovely and useful.
Creative DIY Gifts
- DIY Tie Dye Shoes – under $10 – 45 minutes active time – A fun creatively fashionable gift.
- Kool-Aid Dyed Yarn DIY Plant Pots – under $3 – 3 hours active time – A fun, creative gift for moms and grandmas.
- How to Make Homemade Glycerin Soap – under $5 – 40 minutes active time – A handmade unique beauty gift.
- Felt Flower Book Hugger Bookmarks – under $2 – 30 minutes – A lovely gift for the reader on your list.
Gifts to Sew
- Tee into Upcycled Skirt – under $1 –30 minutes – This earth-friendly skirt is a fun and easy-to-sew gift.
- Upcycled Skirt Throw Pillow – under $5 – 20 minutes – An earth-friendly and beautiful gift.
- Upcycled Skirt to Zippered Pouch – under $5 – 30 minutes – Perfect gift on it’s own or as part of a gift basket.
- DIY Rice Heat Packs – under $3 – 20 minutes – An easy-to-sew gift that is perfect for mothers and grandmothers.
- DIY Rice Heating Pads – under $3 – 20 minutes – An easy-to-make heating pad for aches and pains or to keep your feet warm in the winter.
- Easy-to-Make Flannel Blankets – under $10 – 30 minutes – Beginner sewing project and unique gifts that you can personalize to the recipient’s interests.
- DIY Pen Strap for Bullet Journals and Planners – under $2 – 30 minutes – An easy-to-make elastic strap to hold pens and keep a bullet journal or planner shut.
- Crochet Casserole Cozy – under $5 – A charming gift for anyone who loves to entertain.
- Easy Houndstooth Crochet Pattern Scarf – under $10 – A beautiful gift that’s perfect for anyone on your gift list.
Gifts for Grandmother
I collected my favorite subscription boxes for older women all in one place. You can send a one-time gift box or give a monthly subscription. The list includes 37 gift box ideas for grandmothers in the categories of:
- Beauty Box Subscription for Mature Skin
- Book Subscription Boxes
- Fun Subscription Boxes
- Faith-Based Subscription Boxes
- Food and Drink Subscription Boxes
- Self-Care Subscription Boxes
Be sure to pin so you can find this unique gifts for mom resource next time you need a gift idea. This list is updated frequently.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.