Make your Thanksgiving celebrations even more festive with these free printable Thanksgiving trivia questions. The questions can be printed on one side of the card with the answer printed on the back.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It’s filled with good food (I adore pumpkin pie) and family. I appreciate that it’s a lower key holiday than Christmas, so I’m able to focus more on the deeper meanings of the Thanksgiving holiday traditions – family and gratitude.
What are some good Thanksgiving trivia questions?
Make sure you have a combination of fun Thanksgiving trivia questions and Thanksgiving facts about this national holiday that broaden your knowledge.
Some great Thanksgiving trivia questions are:
- When was the first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade?
- What was the heaviest turkey listed in the Guinness Book of World Records?
- 86 pounds
- When was Governor William Bradford’s proclamation establishing a day of Thanksgiving?
- Where is the Macy’s Day parade located?
- New York City
- What are baby turkeys called?
- How many pounds of turkey is eaten on Thanksgiving?
- 675 million pounds of turkey
- Who was the first U.S. president to issue a a presidential pardon for a turkey?
- George H. W. Bush
- When is the Canadian Thanksgiving?
- The second Monday in October. The US Thanksgiving day is on the fourth Thursday of November.
Thanksgiving trivia question cards make this family activity a bit more fun since they are themed with images and questions, like the free cards below.
Thanksgiving Trivia Questions
Thanks to Sarah Josepha Hale, Thanksgiving is a recognized holiday. Most of us have established traditions we hold dear associated with our Thanksgiving holiday. Adding turkey trivia questions to your traditions will quickly become a holiday favorite and is a great way to get everyone in the family interacting.
What makes Thanksgiving trivia questions great?
- It’s a fun way to learn both history and interesting Thanksgiving trivia.
- It is an engaging activity to start as a family Thanksgiving tradition.
- It’s a great way to keep the whole family chatting around the Thanksgiving dinner table after the Thanksgiving meal.
- You can use these questions as part of a Thanksgiving quiz for homeschooling or a classroom activity.
- Learning these fun facts can be included in a classroom party or any Thanksgiving party.
How to make these Thanksgiving Trivia Question cards
Download the quiz questions pdf by signing up for our free newsletter. You’ll be sent an email containing the printable pdf.
Use your printer to print these question cards out on printer paper or thicker card stock paper.
Print the question cards on one side of the paper and the answers on the backside. Every printer is different, so I recommend you print a test run of one or two cards with answers to make sure they’re printing correctly. The pdf is set up with one page of question cards and the next page with the corresponding answers for the back of the cards. Once you figure out how your printer prints front and back, it should be easy to quickly print all the cards with answers.
Use a paper cutter or pair of scissors to cut each card out.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the printable?
Sign up for our free newsletter. When you submit the form, you will promptly be sent an email from Organized 31 with printable pdf. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolve any problems.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print this printable pdf as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. All printables are copyrighted.
Looking for more Thanksgiving activities and fun games?
Thanksgiving Ideas – More than 30 simple, useful and beautiful Thanksgiving organizing ideas, crafts, decorations, games, activities and recipes.
58 pages of Thanksgiving Fun Printables Bundle with engaging Thanksgiving themed activities for all ages.
You can find all our best Thanksgiving activities, craft and organizing ideas, plus recipes, in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.