Make your Thanksgiving celebrations even more festive with these free printable Thanksgiving trivia questions. The questions can be printed on one side of the card with the answer printed on the back.
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It’s filled with good food (I adore pumpkin pie) and family. I appreciate that it’s a lower key holiday than Christmas, so I’m able to focus more on the deeper meanings of the Thanksgiving holiday traditions – family and gratitude.
What are some good Thanksgiving trivia questions?
Make sure you have a combination of fun Thanksgiving trivia questions and Thanksgiving facts about this national holiday that broaden your knowledge.
Some great Thanksgiving trivia questions are:
- When was the first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade?
- What was the heaviest turkey listed in the Guinness Book of World Records?
- 86 pounds
- When was Governor William Bradford’s proclamation establishing a day of Thanksgiving?
- Where is the Macy’s Day parade located?
- New York City
- What are baby turkeys called?
- How many pounds of turkey is eaten on Thanksgiving?
- 675 million pounds of turkey
- Who was the first U.S. president to issue a a presidential pardon for a turkey?
- George H. W. Bush
- When is the Canadian Thanksgiving?
- The second Monday in October. The US Thanksgiving day is on the fourth Thursday of November.
Thanksgiving trivia question cards make this family activity a bit more fun since they are themed with images and questions, like the free cards below.
Thanksgiving Trivia Questions
You’ll find the free printable Thanksgiving Trivia Questions cards farther down in the article below the double orange lines.
Thanks to Sarah Josepha Hale, Thanksgiving is a recognized holiday. Most of us have established traditions we hold dear associated with our Thanksgiving holiday. Adding turkey trivia questions to your traditions will quickly become a holiday favorite and is a great way to get everyone in the family interacting.
What makes Thanksgiving trivia questions great?
- It’s a fun way to learn both history and interesting Thanksgiving trivia.
- It is an engaging activity to start as a family Thanksgiving tradition.
- It’s a great way to keep the whole family chatting around the Thanksgiving dinner table after the Thanksgiving meal.
- You can use these questions as part of a Thanksgiving quiz for homeschooling or a classroom activity.
- Learning these fun facts can be included in a classroom party or any Thanksgiving party.
How to make these Thanksgiving Trivia Question cards
Download the quiz questions pdf by signing up for our free newsletter in the form below. You’ll also gain access to more than 125 additional free printables.
Use your printer to print these question cards out on printer paper or thicker card stock paper.
Print the question cards on one side of the paper and the answers on the backside. Every printer is different, so I recommend you print a test run of one or two cards with answers to make sure they’re printing correctly. The pdf is set up with one page of question cards and the next page with the corresponding answers for the back of the cards. Once you figure out how your printer prints front and back, it should be easy to quickly print all the cards with answers.
Use a paper cutter or pair of scissors to cut each card out.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the printable?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolve any problems.
How do I print the pdf file?
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device.
If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
I’m worried about wasting printer ink – what can I do?
Most printers offer you the option to print in greyscale which is in black and white.
You can also look for the option to print in draft or economy mode. This usually means that the sheet is printed out with less ink. It still looks great and is a good way to print in color but use less ink.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print this printable pdf as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. All printables are copyrighted.
Looking for more printable Thanksgiving activities and fun games?
- Thanksgiving Ideas – More than 30 simple, useful and beautiful Thanksgiving organizing ideas, crafts, decorations, games, activities and recipes.
- Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt – Free printable 4-page Thanksgiving themed scavenger hunt game is available for immediate fun.
- Thanksgiving Word Search – Free Thanksgiving Word Search printable with 3 different pages and 34 unique words. A fun learning activity to keep kids busy and happy.
- Fall Scavenger Hunt – Explore autumn with this free 4-page printable fall scavenger hunt. It’s perfect for a backyard or great outdoors activity for kids and families.
- Free Thanksgiving Charades – 36 free Thanksgiving charades game cards you can print right away. An easy-to-play activity will be one of your favorite Thanksgiving games.
Other Thanksgiving fun you might have missed
- Thanksgiving Craft with Clay Pots – An easy and fun Thanksgiving craft that is easy enough for kids and adorable enough to use as decorations and party favors.
- Thanksgiving Blessing Bags – Tips for making Thanksgiving blessing bags or homeless care packages. This is a wonderful family activity that also makes a meaningful family tradition.
- Thanksgiving Brownie Cups – Make these easy Thanksgiving Brownie cups featuring a candy acorn.
- Thanksgiving Movie – 10 Thanksgiving movies to watch with your family.
- Free Thanksgiving Coloring Pages – 15 free Thanksgiving coloring pages you can print right away for kids of all ages to enjoy. Contains both simple and intricate designs.
Be sure to pin these Thanksgiving Trivia Questions for later so you can find them year after year for fun around the family Thanksgiving table.
You can find all our best Thanksgiving activities, craft and organizing ideas, plus recipes, in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.