Make your next holiday season memorable with these holiday trivia questions and answers. Twelve Christmas questions are listed below in this article. You can also choose to print out the free holiday trivia question cards (with answers). The 48 cards included a broad range of holiday trivia questions, including ones on the several holidays in this festive season.
These 48 holiday trivia question cards include questions (and the answers) for the Christmas season, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. They also include a mix of easy questions and more challenging ones. It’s the perfect game for your family or a holiday party. You can download and print out the printable trivia cards right away.
What are good Christmas questions?
These are fun Christmas trivia questions for the entire family. (These are bonus questions not listed on the printable holiday trivia cards.) The questions for this Christmas trivia quiz are listed below with the answer key listed farther below, under the image of the family by the fireplace.
Christmas quiz questions
- What’s the name of the song that George and Mary sing in the movie, “It’s a Wonderful Life”?
- What is the most recorded Christmas song?
- What 2 animals are traveling with the Little Drummer Boy in the Christmas movie?
- What was Scrooge’s profession in “A Christmas Carol”?
- Where does the train in the “Polar Express” go?
- What is Ralphie’s little brother’s name in the movie “A Christmas Story”?
- When is Saint Nicholas Day celebrated?
- What is the traditional name for Santa Claus in England?
- What popular Christmas song did Brenda Lee sing?
- What contest did Snoopy win in “A Charlie Brown Christmas” movie?
- Where did the family fly in the beginning of the movie “Home Alone”?
- In the movie “Miracle on 34th Street,” what name did the Santa Claus character give as his name?
Christmas quiz answers
- Buffalo Gals
- Silent Night
- A camel and donkey
- A banker or money lender
- The North Pole
- December 5th or 6th.
- Father Christmas
- “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree”
- A Christmas light contest
- Kris Kringle
Holiday Trivia Questions and Answers Printable
This printable trivia game is a great way to engage the entire family and increase your general knowledge while having fun. Lots of fun.
What makes holiday trivia question cards great?
- It’s a fun game that encourages families to interact
- It’s a great way to get everyone off the electronic screens
- You can play it any time during the Christmas season, for example during holiday travel
- You can use these cards as gift tags
- You can play it on Christmas day during the lag time between opening gifts and Christmas dinner
- It’s a great way to learn fun facts about history, culture and pop culture
- They’re a great way to make a holiday party even more fun
In addition to the printable trivia questions below, you can have guests or family members write their own questions to ask the group.
Christmas question idea starters are:
- Something about the song “Jingle Bells”
- A reference from the “Twelve Days of Christmas”
- A Christmas history fact
- A question about the movie or song “White Christmas”
- Trivia from the book or movie “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”
- Questions about the nativity and baby Jesus
- A question about Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- A historical fact about St. Nicholas
- The first name of Scrooge (tip – that question is included in the free printable holiday trivia cards below)
- Trivia about the guardian angel in “It’s a Wonderful Life”
- A question about modern Santa Claus
- Trivia about the North American Aerospace Defense Command’s Santa tracker tradition
- The date of the first written use of “Xmas” and the reason
- When the first artificial Christmas tree was used
- A question from the Charles Dickens book, “A Christmas Carol”
- Which department store was featured in the movie, “Miracle on 34th Street”?
Personal trivia question idea starters:
- What are my favorite Christmas movies?
- What tradition gets me in the Christmas spirit?
- What is my favorite holiday treat?
- What holiday dish do I not like?
- What is my favorite Christmas Eve tradition?
- Do I say “Merry Christmas” or “Happy Holidays” more often?
- What is my favorite holiday decoration?
How to make these holiday trivia question cards step-by-step
Download your free copy of these holiday trivia questions and answers printable cards. You gain access to the free pdf right away, in addition to access to the 150+ printables in the VIP Resource Library, when you sign up for our free newsletter.
Print the trivia card sheets out on your printer.
Cut the individual cards out and place them in a pile for play.
You can choose to print the answers on the back of the question card (the answer sheet alternates with each printable sheet of questions). You will have to figure out how to print and load paper in your particular printer to make that happen (it’s not usually complicated). Or you can choose to print them separately and then attach the correct answers to the back of the question cards.
You can print this fun Christmas trivia game out on regular printer paper, but if you have heavier card stock paper, use it. The heavier paper holds up better to game play.
How to play holiday trivia games
Decide whether you will play as individuals or teams.
Decide whether you’ll take turns asking and answering or have one person ask a question to the entire group and the first person to call out the correct answer wins.
You can also ask questions and have each person write down answers on an answer sheet rather than calling them out.
Determine whether you’re keeping points for the right answer to questions to determine a winner or not.
The first person chooses a card and asks the question. You can continue around the group with a new person asking the next question. Or you can choose to have one person ask all the holiday trivia questions.
Decide whether there will be prizes given. My family plays for bragging rights, but if you do choose to give prizes, I recommend you select small prizes, such as candy canes, holiday books or the right to choose the next Christmas movie, song or dessert.
Expert Tips for Printables
How do I access the printable?
Fill in the form above. When you submit the form, you will immediately be sent an email from Organized 31 with a link to the VIP Resources Library, including detailed instructions on how to access your printable. If you can’t find the welcome email after 3-4 minutes, check your spam folder. If you have any difficulty, you can email me and I’ll help you resolve any problems.
The pdf usually opens right up when you click on the link in the VIP Resources Library. When that happens, simply right click on the pdf and either print or save the document to your device. If the pdf does not pop up for you, you’ll most likely find it in your computer’s Downloads folder. You can also select “Downloads” in your browser menu to see a list of your downloads, then select “Show in folder” below the file name to see where it is located on your computer.
How can I use the printable (what restrictions are there on use)?
You can print this printable pdf as many times as you’d like for your personal or classroom use. All printables are copyrighted.
Looking for more Christmas games and activities?
The great thing about printable games is that you can download them and use them right away with very little preparation required. Holiday games are perfect party games or activities to keep excited kids distracted.
Simple Christmas Ideas – Focus on the magic of Christmas, family and friends during the holiday season with 100+ simple Christmas ideas. These are simple Christmas ideas that any busy person can really do and be proud to share.
Other holiday trivia questions you may have missed
Valentine’s Day Trivia – coming soon!
Be sure to pin these holiday trivia questions and answers printable so you find them for each holiday party and get together or for family fun.
You can find all our best Christmas ideas in the table below. You can scroll though the table and look for ideas or search for specific ideas with the magnifying glass in the upper right-hand corner (on desktop). Click on the topic and then click through the specific article.
I’m a mom of 3, a veteran and military spouse. I’ve moved into 20+ homes all around the world. My passion is helping busy people make the space and time for what’s really important to them.